Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone else have Angina

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone else have Angina

Does anyone else have Angina problems? I have been having chest pain since Christmas and my GP has been treating me for acid reflux with Nexium, except I haven't taken it; instead, I have tried to cut out foods that aggravate reflux .
    Last week however, I collapsed with pain whilst attempting to climb a short flight of stairs and ended up in hospital having tests - not acid reflux at all..... Angina.
    I was wondering if anyone else has undergone angiogram and angioplasty procedures as I am due to go in for this beginning of June, which coincides with the 14-year anniversary of being dx with WG. It has all been explained what they are going to do, but am feeling a little apprehensive.

Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Does anyone else have Angina problems? I have been having chest pain since Christmas and my GP has been treating me for acid reflux with Nexium, except I haven't taken it; instead, I have tried to cut out foods that aggravate reflux .
    Last week however, I collapsed with pain whilst attempting to climb a short flight of stairs and ended up in hospital having tests - not acid reflux at all..... Angina.
    I was wondering if anyone else has undergone angiogram and angioplasty procedures as I am due to go in for this beginning of June, which coincides with the 14-year anniversary of being dx with WG. It has all been explained what they are going to do, but am feeling a little apprehensive.

Fran
    Fran,
    I think the angiogram is a good idea, you should ask your Weg doctor though if the dye is safe for you. They may need to pre treat you to protect your kidneys. Good luck, let us know what happens. I have had an angiogram and angioplasty as an out patient several years prior to my being diagnosed with Wegners and I went home the same day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your reply Lightwarrier. Reassuring to know you have not had to have it repeated. I will double check concerning the contrast dye, although the Cardio Dept promised to check with my Rheumy when they saw my notes re Wegener's. I was wondering, if you recall, do you actually feel the stents go in? Thanks again.

Fran