Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try being 4'11" and reaching the pedals.....with or without the pred tummy
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I was in the hosp. last week one of the nurses asked me what my secret was cuz I didn't look my age. I told to take steroids and your face will be so puffed up it takes away all yr wrinkles. I too don't fit in any of my clothes ( I'm going thru my summer clothes now ) but I just can't bear to get rid of them,I keep saying one day !! The only thing is I never even got "man-boobs" the weight went ever where else..how unfair!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One year off pred. Have lost some weight.
    Lost some while tapering pred
    more when off pred.
    It comes off very slowly. I am able to exercise, water aerobics and walking.
    Some time ago I noticed my calf muscle "was back" , I was very happy.
    I was overweight before diag. lost weight at diag. then gained almost 50lbs from that point. I have lost 34lbs since.
    My biggest worry is ever going back on pred.
    Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My six-pack abs have morphed into a keg. Before I got sick, I weighed about 170. I lost about 25 lbs. before diagnosis. Once on pred, I quickly regained the lost weight plus about ten extra pounds. It's all belly fat. I'm down to 10 mg/day of pred now, but still holding at about 180. Hope to lose and redistribute some weight as I wean off pred.

Good luck and hang in there.

Pete
    dx 1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's nice to see you all can have a little sense of humor about Pred. I was rolling...pun intended

Anyway...David, when I was reducing my Pred, I noticed that my face swelling went down slightly. my family and friends would comment on my face looking slimmer. My Pulmy told me that below 20mg it should be easier to lose some weight, but I didn't have much luck with it.
    As soon as I came off Pred, my puffiness seemed to melt away within a matter of weeks. I'm still struggling with losing the weight, i've been pred free for about 2 months, and it has taken counting every calorie and exercising daily to lose 5lbs. before Pred, I could drop weight like it was nothin', this has been a change for me to adjust to.

I had read parts of "Coping with Prednisone", it said the number one deturant of puffiness was avoid salt. This is hard to do, and it wont' make it all go away, but it might help.

Link to "Coping with Prednisone" on Amazon:
    Amazon.com: Coping with Prednisone, Revised and Updated: (*and Other Cortisone-Related Medicines) (9780312375607): Eugenia Zukerman, Julie R. Ingelfinger: Books

I also noticed my energy went down slightly with every drop in pred, but my body would adjust to it within about a week fo the drop.

Hope they can keep reducing your Pred.

Nicole
    Nicole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12