Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shingles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had shingles in 2009, very painfull my DR. told me chicken pox virus causes this, I hope I NEVER GET IT AGAIN..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    ....Its a good sign that I am reducing and thinking about reducing.
    The boat has taken me across the river and I wouldn't mind leaving it behind.
    Ah, Nostalgia, Kirk. My mother used to sing to us kids: "There;s one more river to cross...." I'm sure it was an Appalachian tune, as I also heard my aunt sing it too. That river, of course, was Jordan, where we lease all our cares behind. I'm sure most Weggies would be all for the leaving the cares behind part, if only we could do it on this side of the river. I guess leaving the pred behind is a decent start! Anyway, the memories flood back. Happy Mother's Day, Mom--rest in peace!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randyt1 View Post
    I had shingles in 2009, very painfull my DR. told me chicken pox virus causes this, I hope I NEVER GET IT AGAIN..
    I;m with you Randy. V. Zoster is one nasty virus.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Even though it does help some people, Neurontin can have pretty scary and troubling side effects, like profound memory loss, seizures, loss of coordination, to name just a few. Some can persist even if you stop the drug. If you take it you should be well-informed about the potential side effects and report them immediately.
    What should I report immediately?? JUST KIDDING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Me too, me2.
    me three m2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions. I just wanted to update you all, on my ordeal. I ended up in the local hospital ER on 5/15 after several days of fever that would not come below 100.9 and was very weak,my pulse ox was 72. They admitted me overnight with the promise of transferring to CC the next day. That was a real battle, so I was discharged and rode 4 hrs in a car, and got admitted to CC hospital with pulse ox of 82 and very lethargic. Long story short, I had pneumonia, and also after having the 2 infusions of rtx in march, they did a CT of the lungs and I have new areas of the Weg's flaring up. They did put me on Neurontin for the shingles pain and also new antibotics for 10 days. I now have to follow-up with my Rheumy and see what the next plan is.
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope the new treatments speed you toward recovery. You've had quite a spell with this.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've been through it for sure, Jana. What are they doing about the flare?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to go back to CC to see the rheumy after I'm finished with these antibotics and I guess we will plan from there. I'm currently on 20mg of preds per day,bactrium MWF, but have to stop the Cellcept while on antibotics. So I will find out after I get over the shingles and the infection.
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    I have to go back to CC to see the rheumy after I'm finished with these antibotics and I guess we will plan from there. I'm currently on 20mg of preds per day,bactrium MWF, but have to stop the Cellcept while on antibotics. So I will find out after I get over the shingles and the infection.
    Jana
    How are you feeling? Is your pain better? there is a treatment called QUETZNA. This should be done at your providers office, it is a capsacian patch that they apply and leave on for an hour. After they remove it you should get up to 3 months pain relief if you have the postherpetic neuralgia (I do). Here is the link:
    Qutenzaź patch for relief from post-shingles pain

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast