Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stress trriggers flares

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you Want A consultant i will help you been helping others for 30 years ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Well, I can tell you that the article is true. I have not been on for some time since we have been renovating the house. The workers were extremely slow, left dirt everywhere and I had to clean the whole house every day. My hubby was climbing the walls as he is a perfectionist and that more than anything has sent me over the edge. For the past month or so I have started feeling run down and tired, I have pain in lower back and lower abdomen. At my visit to my doc he noticed a lump on my throat, did tsh test and it came as 0.01. After controlling my thyroid for over 26 years, it decided to flare, at the same time I started to get hemoglobin in urine, from trace to now moderate. I was to leave for my UK and Poland trip in one week, now it seems like I may have to cancel.
    Oh no! I'm glad your docs are on top of things, Jolanta. Hopefully you can nip this in the bud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Well, I can tell you that the article is true. I have not been on for some time since we have been renovating the house. The workers were extremely slow, left dirt everywhere and I had to clean the whole house every day. My hubby was climbing the walls as he is a perfectionist and that more than anything has sent me over the edge. For the past month or so I have started feeling run down and tired, I have pain in lower back and lower abdomen. At my visit to my doc he noticed a lump on my throat, did tsh test and it came as 0.01. After controlling my thyroid for over 26 years, it decided to flare, at the same time I started to get hemoglobin in urine, from trace to now moderate. I was to leave for my UK and Poland trip in one week, now it seems like I may have to cancel.
    That is terrible Jolanta, I have been lucky with my builders they always do a good job of clearing up. Mind you one of them is my neighbour and good friend so I suppose that helps.

As to the trip you are not missing anything here in the UK weather-wise, since they announced the hosepipe ban it has rained virtually every day!

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hosepipes again?....lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of us who cant exercise at the moment, this book has excellent reviews for beating stress: Control Stress : Stop Worrying and Feel Good Now !: Amazon.co.uk: Paul McKenna: Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you get to make your trip, Jolanta. Sometimes you really have to pound on the docs, but remember that you are the customer, after all.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    For those of us who cant exercise at the moment, this book has excellent reviews for beating stress: Control Stress : Stop Worrying and Feel Good Now !: Amazon.co.uk: Paul McKenna: Books
    Thanks, Kirk. This looks good even for those who can exercise....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    hosepipes again?....lol.
    Yes, and three days I have had to drive through flooded roads to get to work. Two of the days it was not because the river was over its banks but because of run off from the fields as they are totally water-logged. Funny we never had so many hosepipe bans when the water companies where nationalised, clearly share-holders profits now come first.

Jim

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm seriously trying to decrease the stress in my life. I get stressed quite easily at little things. I've recently stopped wearing my watch because a lot of my stress was around time keeping - i hate being late for anything. Since taking it off i am much more relaxed.

I have been thinking about Yoga or Tai-Chi as i've heard its very beneficial. Just need to find a local class!

Oh and i would recommend that Paul Mckenna book - we have several of his other books in my house - my sister had is confidence one and my mum had i can make you thin, tho with the best will in the world, being focused and calorie counting isnt enough to lose weight for a person who cant exercise.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam, calorie counting and constant attention to a set of scales is also not helping the stress levels. Although I want to lose weight I am not sure getting too upset about the struggle is worth the risk of starting another flare. Try saying that to a doctor and see what he/she says.

Jim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast