Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost meds what to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lost meds what to do?

So I have a locking zip bag I keep all my meds in so I can keep people and my daughter out of it. I went fishing up at strawberry res and I had the bag in my packpack. When we went to leave I lost my ballance on the stairs and rolled down the stairs and rocky shore in two the lake. Bbbrrrr it was cold so I got out as fast as pos not fast enuff my joins were freezing. Get up to car and I lost my back pack will all my pills it sank to bottom of lake. Been with out all pills sence what the heck do I do. The ins will want us to pay all of it won't they? And the pain killers can't refill till 4-25. So what should I do???
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexciasmom View Post
    So I have a locking zip bag I keep all my meds in so I can keep people and my daughter out of it. I went fishing up at strawberry res and I had the bag in my packpack. When we went to leave I lost my ballance on the stairs and rolled down the stairs and rocky shore in two the lake. Bbbrrrr it was cold so I got out as fast as pos not fast enuff my joins were freezing. Get up to car and I lost my back pack will all my pills it sank to bottom of lake. Been with out all pills sence what the heck do I do. The ins will want us to pay all of it won't they? And the pain killers can't refill till 4-25. So what should I do???
    Sorry--good luck with the insurance company is all I can say. They are within their rights, I'm sure; whether you can talk them into taking pity I can't say. I wish you well...!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need your meds!

What meds are you on right now? If you were close I would share with you.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the drugs aren't of a possible recreational type (like oxy) and there isn't a habit of losing them, then I don't think they will make you pay if you call and explain what happened. Sure would like to know what you end up with....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is at times like this that I thank God that I live in the UK. All I would do is see my GP and get a new prescription and because I am over 60 I do not have to pay anything.

When I am away from home I take only the required amount of meds with me. I have a plastic container that I purchased from my local pharmacist, the container is divided into seven daily sections so I can put each days meds into a compartment. It is a lot more compact than carrying all those boxes around.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought of just getting a new script. That would work, too....

I use the same plastic med dispensers; One for morning meds, one for evening meds, and multiple singles for stuff throughout the day. For stuff I absolutely have to have with me no matter what, I made some waterproof pill containers out of small AAA cell flashlights. I cut the head off with a dremel, then filled it with epoxy puttly. Works well. I carry cortef in one, desmo and levo in another, and celexa and ambien in the 3rd. I could go for 3 days with what I have in the tubes. They go with me everywhere.
    http://www.wasem.com/wg/flashpill.jpg

My main stash of drugs is in a fishing tackle box. If I'm going somewhere for a month or so, then I can just grab my tackle box and know that it has everything in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would also go back to the doctor and get another script. Sometimes our doctors have sample packs of drugs that the drug companies give to them, no harm in asking if your doctors do the same thing.

I definately don't carry all meds with me.....I have some in a pill bottle in my coat, some in my desk draw at work and others at home. I divide my script into thirds and therefore will always have them somewhere nearby for emergencies.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father-in-law used to put his daily supply of meds in those plastic containers that 35mm film used to sold in. When going away for a week he had seven of the containers and just wrote M, T, W, Th, F, S and Su on the containers lid. When I used to go backpacking I would crack an egg into a film cannister (only get a small egg in), that way I could still have eggs for brekfast without any risk of a mess in my rucksack.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two types that are controled meds. I have like 15 meds. The ins will not pay twice in a month unless u get approved for a extra. I don't think the dr will have issues with it I am going to cll today and see what they say. I think I need some one to come in and organise (sory can't spell today) my life..lol
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pharmacist has helped me out in these situations. They said my insurance had a rule of allowing so many exemptions per year for vacations and lost meds so I could get refills or longer supply when needed.

I also use a weekly set up box and seal it in a ziplock bag when I travel. I always take twice as much as I should need just in case. It can be dangerous to suddenly stop some meds without a taper down so try get some soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast