Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatigue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    For the first time I agree with Phil. I can vouch many times over that Rituxan makes me tired and pred reduction has gotten harder and harder to do as the years have gone by. By that I mean I feel aches, pains and lots of fatigue. I have not had anemia but certainly have heard enough about it to know that is another whammy. So be a patient with yourself and find your own limits. Its kind of interesting actually (as if it were someone else suffering) that activity is good for the part of us that is HEALTHY, but for the part of us that is sick or suffering from imbalance(the pred reduction etc) activity is a drain . The one aspect pushes us forward toward being more healthy , the other is a reversal. And we have to walk this tight rope , this delicate balance of knowing for ourselves are we doing ourselves more good by pushing a little or more harm.
    I return now, to disagreeing with Phil. (I don't know about what , but it just seems like the thing to do)
    Thanks for the laugh Kirk. This really cracked me up......and now back to our regular scheduled programming...lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fatigue is one of my main problems as well, that and joint pains

I used to find it very hard to explain how I feel to family and friends but found "the spoon theory" that I use all the time now! I have even sent it to my manager at work so she could understand my needs and feelings a bit more!

The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino | But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read that before Malin but it is a rather good analogy to how i'm feeling now!

Wish i had a better way with words, what the spoon theory did was genius.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fatigue is just one thing we have to live with and pray it don't get worse...hate it but deal...taking more naps helps some but not always..kinda like sleeping your life away..not my idea of fun or life
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you classify mental versus physical fatigue. Physically I feel pretty good most of the time. But this particular flare I seem to be mentally exhausted constantly. I'm having a lot of trouble thinking...frustrating to feel dumber right now. On one hand my body says it's not tired, but I feel like sleeping. Basically I hit the bed and stare at the ceiling for a while and wake up 30 times a night (exageration sorry...)
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno how to classifiy it either but i am so tired i will be listening to what my fiance is saying but not taking a word in and eventually i have to say, sorry what did you say?
    I also feel so tired that if i sit or lie down i will slip into sleep very quickly and sleep for ages (a good 10hrs last night)
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the spoon analogy too but wish it was easier to somehow get more spoons. My number doesn't seem the same from day to day. I think the mental fatigue is harder to handle than physical.

I can do email or read if just physically tired but when mentally exhausted i can't really do much except look for items I can't find and sleep or rest is much harder. Sometimes a visit with a friend or phone call seems to help a little. Otherwise a walk in the park or around the lake or other light physical exercise seems to help mental fatigue the best and sometimes works for physical fatigue too. Last night I enjoyed watching a couple hundred egrets gliding into their night roosting spots in trees around the lake and a dozen or two fuzz ball baby geese being herded by their parents and the short walk helps me relax and feel better too. Unfortunately mamma duck seems to have had some bad luck and something got some of her eggs and she had to lay some new ones but don't know if they will be fertilized ones that hatch. I think she deserve a big medal for her dedication of staying on the nest for a month with nothing to show for it so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK..what is the spoon theory?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go back up to Malin's post and follow the link. It is really very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    I dunno how to classifiy it either but i am so tired i will be listening to what my fiance is saying but not taking a word in and eventually i have to say, sorry what did you say?
    I also feel so tired that if i sit or lie down i will slip into sleep very quickly and sleep for ages (a good 10hrs last night)
    Sam, have you noticed how some tv programmes do not finish properly and the next programme does not start at the beginning? My so called friends try and tell me that I had fallen asleep and missed the end and beginning of the programmes, but I am sure trhat cannot be happening to me.

Jim

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast