Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oral Chemotherapy May Start Getting Covered by Ins. in TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    We get what we vote for. That's all I'm gonna say.
    No fair, Sangye! I didn't vote for "them" ...Oh, you mean in the collective. Yeah. Sorry, in the collective....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't want to sound dumb dumb, but a friend commented to me I am on chemotherapy...I never thought of it that way but is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taking methotrexate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically ctx, mtx, and aza are classed as chemo drugs. And CC is almost in that category as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, so it is I am on chemotherapy for life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of being sick and tired of being sick and tired again lets repeat lol of drugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Newweg, MTX is given in much larger doses as an anti-cancer drug and can have some very nasty side effects. What strentgh are you taking and are you having regular blood tests to check there is no build up in your liver?

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started 3 weeks ago, I take 7.5 mg once a week. The plan is to increase by doubling dose every 6 weeks for about 3 months. Yes, I have regular blood work to monitor. After 3 weeks we will try to wean me off prednisone, and hopefully stay off. If the MTX helps in reducing my symptoms, my rheumy hopes after 2 years on MTX I will go in remission. I have brain lesions and my sinuses are mostly affected, they believe the brain lesions are from wegs. One is on brainstem and I can not afford for it to grow. I see Dr. Meclker from Boston at HUP end of June. So his opinion will mean a lot. Don't most wegs take MTX?

ps) why can't I upload a picture? It states it is but when I try to add to profile or album, all goes away!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newweg View Post
    I just started 3 weeks ago, I take 7.5 mg once a week. The plan is to increase by doubling dose every 6 weeks for about 3 months. Yes, I have regular blood work to monitor. After 3 weeks we will try to wean me off prednisone, and hopefully stay off. If the MTX helps in reducing my symptoms, my rheumy hopes after 2 years on MTX I will go in remission. I have brain lesions and my sinuses are mostly affected, they believe the brain lesions are from wegs. One is on brainstem and I can not afford for it to grow. I see Dr. Meclker from Boston at HUP end of June. So his opinion will mean a lot. Don't most wegs take MTX?

ps) why can't I upload a picture? It states it is but when I try to add to profile or album, all goes away!
    Susan, I don't take methotrexate, as I have severe renal involvement, and MTX is not kidney-friendly. I do take azathioprine, however.

Is it Dr Meckler the neurologist you are seeing? He does know of your vasculitis, right?

Pictures: These can be tricky. First, you have to be posting, Then, enter the "Go Advanced" Mode. Then scroll down to "Manage attachments". Then follow the directions. Even then, it is a bit confusing. "Add" an attachment, upload it, and then you can copy what you have uploaded to your post, or any later post. Hope this helps!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is rheumatologist, I have never seen him before. He specializes in Wegs but I do not know if he knows as vasculitis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast