User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Side effects from having flu shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Side effects from having flu shot.

Hi to all, just a quick question, I was told by my dr. to have a flu & pneumonia shot.
    I had the flu one & am feeling rather sick so i'm not to keen on having the pneumonia one.
    Also as my cholesterol was a bit high I was put on crestor.I was only on it for 3 days &
    got really bad headaches. With everything else going on with my body I just could'nt cope with
    the headaches. So now I'm off that to. Has anyone had these flu & pneumonia shots & not had side effects?
    Also can I get some feedback on cholesterol meds.
    Thanks Rita.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I would not get it. Too much evidence against vaccines. No good science proving they work.

I got the seasonal flu shot back in 2004 and had a weird reaction to it the same day. I got very tired, fainted, and turned red all over.

The next day I was fine, but.......who knows what it does long term.

I also had to get the Pneumococcal 23, Hib, and another vaccine in 2011 because they were mandatory to get if I wanted cochlear implants. This is the law in Canada. A bit communistic to say the least, but at least I can hear again. I have had some weird problems immediately following those vaccines. The other vaccine was Menactra. The things I have experienced since then are more fatigue, really dry mouth and throat, Non-Ischemic Central Retinal Vein Occlusion in right eye, and some other things I can't remember right now. So as you can see I'm not a big fan of vaccines.

As far as statins go, cholesterol meds, I would stay away from them as well. I get mine tested each year and if it was creeping up I would just make changes in my diet to improve it.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pneumonia shot '09 which apparently lasts 5 years and annual flu shots also since then. I have not had any side effects, though had a bad dose of flu in '10 but nothing really since then. Had my annual flu shot just a few weeks ago and again no problems. I do worry though if I should be having them after all I have read here. I never had a flu shot before WG and never had any type of vaccination since childhood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had both injections, flu last year and pneumonia three years ago. My treating doctors recommended I get them but also agreed that it is uncertain if they will do much good for me since the flu shot is considered less effective as you age ( works best for younger people) and less certain to work when your immune system is compromised. The consensus from my doctors was the risks from a flu or pneumonia are much higher for me than the risks from the shot and that the chance the injections might help some is sufficient justification to take them again. I don't remember having any bad reaction from the injections and have had them for years since people with diabetes are consider in the higher risk group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughters school board really pushes the hpv vacine but I refuse to allow her to be a guinea pig as this is new and they dont know. She told me she was one of 3 grade 8 girls that did not get it and that many boys got it. This got me to thinking that if most of her peers get it than the spread of hpv will surely decline and her chances of contracting will declines as well. so...id let the other people of the world get the vacines and then just reap the benefits from that.

I am selfish that way.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you Leigh!
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rita, I was never offered the pneumonia shot but because of my job (I am a taxi driver, so am in close contact with the public) I was strongly urged to have the flu shot. I reluctantly had the flu shot and must say I have had no adverse reaction to it, and this is the first winter I have not had a flu or bad chest infections. However as Phil states vaccines can be risky and NEVER have a live vaccine.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the pneumonia shot last year with no adverse reactions (this was the first time it was offered, but once offered they kept pushing me to accept it!). I have had the flu shot for the past 3 winters, since diagnosis, again with no adverse reactions. Whilst they admit the effectiveness will be reduced by my condition it is felt the potential benefit is worth having.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I wouldn't touch a vaccine with a ten-foot pole. When you have to pass laws requiring them and laws to prevent people from suing the vaccine manufacturers for damage, that is a huge red flag. Aside from that, I have studied vaccine safety and science at length and believe that they're neither safe nor based on good science.

At least 3 people in this group correlate the onset and/or flares of Wegs with the H1N1 flu shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Personally I wouldn't touch a vaccine with a ten-foot pole. When you have to pass laws requiring them and laws to prevent people from suing the vaccine manufacturers for damage, that is a huge red flag. Aside from that, I have studied vaccine safety and science at length and believe that they're neither safe nor based on good science.

At least 3 people in this group correlate the onset and/or flares of Wegs with the H1N1 flu shot.
    I'm one of them.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast