0 Thread(s)

Happy Birthday!!Enjoy the day!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    you may be right jim.do you have tripe and pigs trotters down there.if so i'm on my way.
    I have seen tripe in the supermarket but not pigs trotters, though my dad used to get hold of them for making brawn. You can get pork scratchings nearly everywhere if that is any consolation. By the way I think there will be a number of those from across the pond who will be wondering what we are talking about.

Oh Al, are these ok foods?

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you to you all for your extremely kind birthday wishes.oh and jim,as regards ok foods,i'd better not mention black pudding although i must say that knowing what it's made of i've never eaten it.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit late, but I wanted to congratulateyou also! It's very inspiring to read that you have overcome so many difficulties!
    The pictures of your dogs are wonderfull indeed...
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Birthday to you! and many More!
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    thank you to you all for your extremely kind birthday wishes.oh and jim,as regards ok foods,i'd better not mention black pudding although i must say that knowing what it's made of i've never eaten it.
    john.
    I must say that bit of knowledge put me off as well, I would probably have been alright if I had eaten it first then found out its ingrediants.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    I must say that bit of knowledge put me off as well, I would probably have been alright if I had eaten it first then found out its ingrediants.

Jim
    I watched them make it on a cooking show once.

There ain't no chance whatsoever that I would be eating that stuff ..... no way, no how
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    I have seen tripe in the supermarket but not pigs trotters, though my dad used to get hold of them for making brawn. You can get pork scratchings nearly everywhere if that is any consolation. By the way I think there will be a number of those from across the pond who will be wondering what we are talking about.

Oh Al, are these ok foods?

Jim
    Well, given that there will always be parochial differences in culinary preferences, and given also that it is often a bad idea to know precisely how your food is prepared (in the same sense that you might want to believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Eater Bunny--just for cultural reasons, of course), I can only say that various indescribable animal parts is not my er, cup of tea. A further note: I'm not sure that Michelle, as a confirmed Vegemitist, has a strong moral position on the matter of proper foods....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oohh. ouch
    My husband killed himself laughing.

You are correct though Al, I am not a big one on food matters, I like the simple roast or pasta dish, meat and 3 vegies type meals ....... and vegemite on toast.
    Nothing exotic, spicy or too hot for me.
    Last edited by mishb; 04-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Birthday, John! I'm always so happy to see you post. You've been through some tough stuff and you keep smiling. That's a wonderful trait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast