Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Sam, I also like your avatar.

Jim
    Thanks. It was taken on my birthday trip to London by my fiance Stu.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    Thanks. It was taken on my birthday trip to London by my fiance Stu.
    When you where in the smoke did you go anywhere exciting. I try and keep away from London as much as possible, though if I go and see my elder daughter I do have to go to Streatham (south London).

Jim

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you where in the smoke did you go anywhere exciting. I try and keep away from London as much as possible, though if I go and see my elder daughter I do have to go to Streatham (south London).

Jim

Its gonna sound like we did a lot : We went to West End Live for about half an hour when it started raining, went to Leicester Sq for lunch, walked round covent garden shopping, checked in at the hotel in Kings Cross, went to the South bank for a walk and evening supper and drinks, then headed back to Leicester Sq for more drinks and watch the England fans get disapointed at losing in the world cup, hahahaha.
    Next morning we went shopping in Camden and then came home - we did intend on going to the aquarium but we were too tired!

While at West End Live they had lots of tents with various things in them - one tent had Darth Vader and 2 Storm Troopers who were letting people pose for photos with them, when Stu went to pose they too his backpack from him and told him to get down on his knees with his hands over his head - he did. Then after the photo the Storm Trooper aka mugger then said he hadnt seen Stu's bag and we had to go searching for it in the tent - Stu not amused! A few tents along was another Star Wars theme, this time we got to pose as Jedi's with R2-D2 and C3PO and have a 'fight' with lightsabres!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anything taken from Stu's bag? I hope this did not spoiul your break.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anything taken from Stu's bag? I hope this did not spoiul your break.

Jim
    No but they broke the zip, thieving Storm Troopers - no wonder they've taken over the galaxy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam, may the force be with you and Stu.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanna take to opportunity to share some...well, quite frankly amazing news - i havent been dieting for 3 weeks due to birthdays etc and somehow i've lost 4lbs!

Cant understand how cos i've been eating chocolate and cake and all bad things. Its a mystery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    Just wanna take to opportunity to share some...well, quite frankly amazing news - i havent been dieting for 3 weeks due to birthdays etc and somehow i've lost 4lbs!

Cant understand how cos i've been eating chocolate and cake and all bad things. Its a mystery!
    You have been very active these past few weeks, so it all counts.....walking, tennis etc.

It's all starting to gel.....great work
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My regimen was lots of fish, vegetables, fruit, and yogurt. Everything eaten in 150 calorie portions with no meal exceeding 550 calories. Snacking was allowed in order to increase nutrition (veg or fruit). Main meals were breakfast and lunch (low GI). Dinner was toast and fruit, or an egg if I did not have protein at lunch. I did not eat after 7:00pm. Everytime my husband pushed me to eat dinner I packed on the pounds because I was/am too tired to move much in the evenings. I have a couple of supportive workmates who also helped keep me on track, bless them!

Currently, I still adhere to this regimen - except I now eat chocolate and cookies as a snack, but not everyday. And truthfully, I really don't enjoy them as much anymore. There's a silver lining to every cloud! Oh, and Betty White (actress) had some great advice. Weigh yourself every day, and when you gain a pound take it right off, because losing 1 pound is easier than losing 5 pounds. I've lost 26 lbs following this eating and exercising routine.

I also joined a gym and swam everyday for an hour. I gave it up because I really don't like to swim in crowded pools. Then joined an aquaphysio group for arthritics which was the best thing! It really helped with the muscles and joints. I also walk about a mile after work each day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true mish, me and stu have taken up tennis, usually only twice a week but its obviously working. Although stu slipped over today while we were playing so i dont think he'll wanna paly for a few days!

Hopeful, where in the world are you? I dont like swimming in crowded pools either and not as strong a swimmer as i used to be. I would take up a gym membership just to swim if i thought i'd keep it up and not whimp out in a crowd! Me and Stu go for fun swim sessions at a pool about 30miles away but we do swim whilst there so its not all fun and games - we always come out famished.

I am back to calorie counting this week, but i dont wanna get obsessive and weigh myself every day. Plus sometimes i eat more one day and not the next so i'd rather look back on the week where things have a chance to even themselves out.

Yesterday i was under my calories but today i went over them (damn my mum for making rhubarb crumble and custard!)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast