Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: weight gain :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    There is water I drink alot,its from Sobe called life water,its comes in different flavors and loaded with vitamins..really good.
    Sobe is owned by Pepsi. They use high-fructose corn syrup in their products and/or artificial sweeteners, which are highly toxic (and some are carcinogens). Their website defends HFCS, equating it to regular sugar. Holistic doctors call it Death Water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have chocolate in petrol stations in Aus.too & now there is chocolate everywhere & like you it talks to me to.
    If I do buy it,to be honest, I will eat the whole block. So now I know it's out to get me I dont look at it.
    With me & chocolate it's all or nothing. Hopefully if I go into remission i'll buy a box & eat the lot washed down by
    a bottle of sauvignon blanc (another pleasure I cant have now)
    Cheers Rita.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RitaM View Post
    We have chocolate in petrol stations in Aus.too & now there is chocolate everywhere & like you it talks to me to.
    If I do buy it,to be honest, I will eat the whole block. So now I know it's out to get me I dont look at it.
    With me & chocolate it's all or nothing. Hopefully if I go into remission i'll buy a box & eat the lot washed down by
    Cheers Rita.
    Chocolate is in just about all the petrol stations in the US, too, although we call them gas stations. Almost all of them have those little "mini-mart" stores attached to them where you can buy all kinds of junk at inflated prices. Not that I'd ever call chocolate "junk", however! I have the same problem of thinking I'll only eat a couple of squares but ending up eating the whole thing. Usually I can resist buying it when I see it, but once in awhile, of course, I have to "reward" myself.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RitaM View Post
    Cheers Rita.

Sounds like an excellent plan Rita

We will raise a toast to you on that very special 'R' day, hopefully soon
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I havent put on masses, but enough to get me down. I was obese before so i'm not surprised i continued to gain weight.
    Didnt really get a moon face but then again my face has always been chubby!

Aside from moving to a island i would very much like a personal chef to cook up/ create tasty foods for me to have and still lose weight, and i'd install a pool in the back garden as i love swimming.

I'm down to 4mg of pred but still cannot find the motivation to lose weight. I hope you have more sucess than i do!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I have the same problem of thinking I'll only eat a couple of squares but ending up eating the whole thing. Usually I can resist buying it when I see it, but once in awhile, of course, I have to "reward" myself.
    I buy the smaller fun sized chocolate and leave it in my bedside draws. I find that i just want a taste of chocolate i will have a few mini's. (Twix do half finger sizes) And so i still get my fix but eat less, yay!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW SANGYE...you really burst my bubble I thought I was doing good drinking this stuff.I read the ingredients and all the vitamins you get and now you tell me its called Death water. I used to drink gatorad alot until someone told me that wasn't good to drink alot of either. So I quess its back to pain old water. I can't wait until I can uncork a bottle a wine and just enjoy !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I'm sorry to have been the one to break it to you, Debra! If you like lemon or lime, a little squeeze is nice (and healthy) in your water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    LOL I'm sorry to have been the one to break it to you, Debra! If you like lemon or lime, a little squeeze is nice (and healthy) in your water.
    ...And, Debra, lemon and lime are, among citrus fruits, fairly low in potassium--which is useful to know if you have renal involvement.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    ...And, Debra, lemon and lime are, among citrus fruits, fairly low in potassium--which is useful to know if you have renal involvement.

Al
    So too much potassium is not good for the kidneys?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast