Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: my update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    I have been on methotrexate for years (plus 5mg folic 5 x a week) and have never lost my hair, it has just become very fine, but lots of it. Have read that people get curls and have longed for this, but strangely, although I am getting on a bit, I am still dark haired - no grey yet !

Fran
    Me, too, turning 60 this year and just a hint of grey, barely noticeable. Maybe that high dose of folic has prevented you from losing any of yours!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey hair can be the result of a zinc deficiency, particularly if it's "prematurely" grey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Grey hair can be the result of a zinc deficiency, particularly if it's "prematurely" grey.
    Hmmm, the question is: what/when is premature!! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I had a few grey hairs in my twenties. I took a zinc supplement and they went away quite quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started tinting my hair at 16. So who knows when mine did.
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    LOL I had a few grey hairs in my twenties. I took a zinc supplement and they went away quite quickly.
    My hair also started turning salt and pepper in my twenties and I was completely gray by 35. Actually it is white and silver, kinda a cool color so I never dyed it or tried to get rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all its been a while. Let's see what's been going on. My health is good. Blood and urine test good. Off all meds but Methotrexate, cymbalta, shynthroyid. I have been going to gym and studying Martial arts. Kenpo and Thi-Chi Chi. I am saperated from the husband and heading for devorse. It's a good thing. Lex is wonderful she's reads at a 9th grade level and she's in 4th grade. Edmonds good. We got a weenie dog. We named him frank and weenie. Not much else. Talk at ya later. Oxox
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexciasmom View Post
    Hi all its been a while. Let's see what's been going on. My health is good. Blood and urine test good. Off all meds but Methotrexate, cymbalta, shynthroyid. I have been going to gym and studying Martial arts. Kenpo and Thi-Chi Chi. I am saperated from the husband and heading for devorse. It's a good thing. Lex is wonderful she's reads at a 9th grade level and she's in 4th grade. Edmonds good. We got a weenie dog. We named him frank and weenie. Not much else. Talk at ya later. Oxox
    Good to hear from you DeDe. Going through some changes. Are you still in Salt Lake City and do you go to the vasculitis clinic at the university there? It sound like you are doing OK with your Wegs, though. I hope it continues. Fill us in on any more tidbits as they occur to you. Lexie looks great. And Martial Arts, that's pretty cool.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still in salt lake. My rheumatologist is Dr. Stromquest he was on state at the utah arthritis clinic. But he moved to the vasculites clinic in the u of u. I take Ti Chi I am in a gold belt. I also do Kenpo. They are both really good for arthritis. In kenpo I am a yellow belt. I test this weekend for my orange belt. When I pratice I don't think about anything but what I'm doing. So that's good for the brain. I got myself a punching bag stand with a speed bag. Wow it's work. I am sore after but it's a different sore. Like a good sore. I recommend martial arts to everyone. Really good for your heath. I'm not as depressed. And not as tired all day. I get up and spend 45 min mentaly preparing to fight the body issues. So I can pratice. Then I feel better for the rest of the day. Some days it helps better than others. But it helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds great. I took Tai Chi a long time ago, but nothing like what you are doing. I need something for bodywork, and to improve my state of mind, so good to know about the positive effect of these on you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast