Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: my update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I feel like the tin man from wizard of oz and I lost my oil can. My head feels like a soda can took to many rides on the tilt a whirl.
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 100% right

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Ths is often the case with vets--particularly those with PTSD. Their docs get far more "bang for the buck" treating them pharmaceutically, esentually masking the symptoms, rather than going putting them through talk therapy and counseling.

Al
    You're 100% right on that Al............Sad but true...............

GL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O yeah yesterday the doc took me off the morph and added oxyicoton and off lortabs and added pircocit. Then uped my gabbipenton and cymbalta. Sort can't spell right now my head hurts. To much. Have a good day all best wishes.
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alexciasmom,

That is way too many pain meds............In my opinion!

GL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyl View Post
    alexciasmom,

That is way too many pain meds............In my opinion!

GL
    I agree. With all these meds, it is really hard to know what is working and what is going the wrong direction.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know just that many pain meds would mess me up. They are a viscious cycle to get on. When I took them no one told me about their effect on bowel movements either. I froze up something fierce. Now when I have to take those class of pain meds for even short periods of time I do a pre-emptive strike with Senna and stay on it until I am done with the pain meds. It works for me.

I saw a chart in the newspaper recently that showed state by state what regions were prescribing narcotic pain meds and by what quantity. I was shocked to see areas of the country where docs were prescribing very large quantities. And not surprised that my state was very low. My docs are loathe to give out meds like percocet, oxycodone, oxycontin, morphine etc. I don't know why other areas are handing them out like candy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I know just that many pain meds would mess me up. They are a viscious cycle to get on. When I took them no one told me about their effect on bowel movements either. I froze up something fierce. Now when I have to take those class of pain meds for even short periods of time I do a pre-emptive strike with Senna and stay on it until I am done with the pain meds. It works for me.

I saw a chart in the newspaper recently that showed state by state what regions were prescribing narcotic pain meds and by what quantity. I was shocked to see areas of the country where docs were prescribing very large quantities. And not surprised that my state was very low. My docs are loathe to give out meds like percocet, oxycodone, oxycontin, morphine etc. I don't know why other areas are handing them out like candy.
    I've been watching those Intervention shows on TV about people who really get messed up with drugs, and the pain killers listed here are involved in many of those cases. They can be very dangerous, especially when combined with each other or with other drugs or alcohol. I'm not suggesting anyone here is in that much trouble, but I think we need to be very careful with these!

Kirk, I'm curious, what is Senna? Yes, I could look it up......
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I had to look it up. Wikipedia has lots of good info. The short answer is that it is a plant with laxative properties.
    My knowlege of it is from my sister in law who has been a nurse forever (especially if you ask her) and worked a lot in elderly care. Senna is renowned amongst her people as being effective and gentle. Many laxatives are a bit harsh or don't work real well.
    Senna is supposed to be one of the best, I can attest to its effectiveness. I became aware of how great it is when I had hernia surgery. Recovery was rather slow and painful. Okay, a lot painful. The combination of pain killers ( causing constipation) and the location of my wound made the Senna an absolute hero to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Kirk! That sounds like a really good one to keep in mind in case one ever needs such a thing!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from dr and my anka level is high so we start retoxon gain. He's trying to get it app with ins.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast