Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Critical Illness Cover-WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Critical Illness Cover-WG

I have in force an 'old' Life Cover Policy (Taken out well before my WG diagnosis)- The policy cover Lupus - Wondered if it is worth putting in claim for WG-

Have any forum members had experience of such claims -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think you should try to file a claim. This disease would surely fall well within the range of chronic diseases and is very much a critical illness.
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always worth a try, but it has been my experience that if the language isn't specific or directed at the specific problem then the company is likely to 'wriggle' their way out of any claim. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not have any such cover so do not know, but for the sake of a bit of paper, an envelope and a stamp (do it before the postage goes up next month) it is worth asking. As Don says they will probably try and get out of it, but if you do not ask you will not get anything. If they do say no, do remember there is an insurance Ombudsman and it might be worth gettinng their view as well.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to work in Life Assurance before going over to the General Insurance side of things........in my case it is Bus/Coach Insurance and Liability.

In Australia, not sure about anywhere else, with the Chronic Illness policy, you basically need to be near the end or shall we say 'terminal'........it was so that you could live a bit more comfortably during the time you had left and also so you could get all affairs in order.

Henry, this may not be the case for your policy, so the best thing to do first is maybe give them a call and see what their conditions are, if any. No harm in asking, that's for sure.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS