Likes Likes:  0
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Weaning pred question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob, I know you were having trouble seeing the colour red before the RTX, but having a fire seems a drastic way of checking if there was any improvement. Seriuosly I am glad you came out of it as well as you have.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if he saw the firetrucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if I could use that as an excuse for not stopping at a set of traffic lights? Trouble is it might scare my passengers too much, mind you it might sober up the drunks.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely saw fire trucks And I think I've completely derailed the thread. Sorry about that guys. Back onto my taper. The nurse suggested starting the taper again, but that once down to 5 to take it extremely slow as low dose prednisone keeping a flare in check is better than completely depleting the B-Cells if we don't need to. I really want off Prednisone, but that does sound pretty reasonable. I'll flow up with the Doctor next full follow up. I figure it will take me a good while to taper down to 5 anyway.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Definitely saw fire trucks And I think I've completely derailed the thread. Sorry about that guys. Back onto my taper. The nurse suggested starting the taper again, but that once down to 5 to take it extremely slow as low dose prednisone keeping a flare in check is better than completely depleting the B-Cells if we don't need to. I really want off Prednisone, but that does sound pretty reasonable. I'll flow up with the Doctor next full follow up. I figure it will take me a good while to taper down to 5 anyway.
    My Wegs consultant and my Wegs treating doctor both agreed it would be safer for me to remain at 5 mg while on the azathioprine in order to help prevent another flare so i have been there for several months and no flares either. To get down to 5 mg I was going down a 1/4 mg every 10 days or so--very slow but had no serious problems with taper either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I am reducing to 7.5mg per day by taking 10mg and 7.5mg on alternate days, and doing this for three weeks. My doctor increased my weekly doseage of Methotrexate from 20mg to 25mg to help compensate for the reduction in Pred.

Jim

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617