Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Barn Owl Web Cam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may have been wrong about the snow on the eagle's nest, as I don't see it now. Maybe an old shot turned up. I think I might be able to find a link where we don't have to sit through an ad, and I'll work on that. Owl cam is still down.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://static-cdn1.ustream.tv/swf/li...&rmalang=en_US Here's a better link to the eagles nest, where you don't have to see an ad before viewing. The eagles are magnificent.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! If anyone is online right now, you can see the baby eagles really welll

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Great! If anyone is online right now, you can see the baby eagles really welll
    They are really cute little balls of gray fluff. But we have a new camera angle now, from above and behind, that has a good view of Mama's back, but not the chicks.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    They are really cute little balls of gray fluff. But we have a new camera angle now, from above and behind, that has a good view of Mama's back, but not the chicks.

Al
    I've noticed they've been moving the camera around, playing with different angles. Someone is there who may not always be there.... it will probably go back to how it was. At one point, no parents were present and the chicks were there by themselves, and one looked a bit smaller than the other two. I hope all three survive. Then a parent returned, keeping them safe.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    http://static-cdn1.ustream.tv/swf/li...&rmalang=en_US Here's a better link to the eagles nest, where you don't have to see an ad before viewing. The eagles are magnificent.
    I like that it is in color with sound. When I go look at local eagle nests all you can see are the tops of the birds or the one sitting in the tree nearby guarding the nest. This way you can see down into the nests and that is really neat. You can't get very close to an eagle nest either when they are hatching so you have to view them from a distance with good binoculars or bird watching scope. This is much better and easier. Thanks for finding this.

We don't get to see them "hunting" for food but probably just as well since I always feel sorry for the hawks and ospreys who have their catch stolen by the eagles. It is fun to see them sometimes catch a live fish but usually they scavenge dead ones floating on the surface. I like watching them any time and would like to get some good close up pix with a telephoto lens when chicks are bigger and birds less wary.

I love listening to other birds too in the background. Woodpecker drumming right now and good view of one baby chick.
    Last edited by drz; 04-02-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched them eating. Mommy didn't seem to appreciate dad's help much. Two chicks ate well but wonder about the third that seems much weaker. Wonder if that one is eating. Anyone see the third one eat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Watched them eating. Mommy didn't seem to appreciate dad's help much. Two chicks ate well but wonder about the third that seems much weaker. Wonder if that one is eating. Anyone see the third one eat?
    I noticed the same thing, the bigger ones were being fed more by the parent. I feel bad for the little guy and hope he comes around and gets some attention. I guess part of the deal here is that we'll have to see nature take its course whether we like it or not.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The eagle cam is way cool. I like the detail, even at night. Right now the mama is sitting on everybody but every few seconds one of them pokes up from under her like "Hello, here I am!" LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At last feeding the third one looked stronger so it might be eating now too. Pappa brought in another squirrel. Barn owl camera still not working.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast