Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Barn Owl Web Cam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Mr.g, we can be more diligent about posting the times, etc., of various events we observe. Thanks for your great update! I saw that the eggshell had been moved, too. I want to get a better look at the chick! It's cool that you have a separate computer dedicated to this.

In case anyone doesn't know, Hayward is on the east side of the San Francisco Bay Area, a little south of Oakland and north of San Jose, CA. There is a campus of California State University there.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked in with her. She was preening for quite a bit. My cockatiel was preening at the same time. LOL Birds spend a lot of time taking care of their feathers!

Then she got up and turned around. I could see something white that wasn't an egg but couldn't see any details. I guess it was a baby! She dug at the nest for awhile and is now falling asleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, thanks for this link. The colour going is due to the camara switching to infer-red so it can see in the dark (do not want any light suddendly switching on and scaring mummy or daddy owl do we?).

A few years ago I was watching a live tv programme about barn owls, we were watching some baby owls that were about four weeks old. The owl expert pointed out that one was much quite small and said this one would eventually be pushed out by the bigger babies, just then the biggest turned round opened its beak and swallowed the little one whole ......... you have been warned!

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default chick update 3:45 PM PDT

For those looking for the chick, as of now it has moved or been moved from space one where it hatched to space three. (Three is the left side of the middle row.)

mr.g

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another live webcam that you might be interested in. Mr. G, you might need to get another computer... ha ha - just kidding.

Hornby Eagle Group Projects Society

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Anne, thanks for this link. The colour going is due to the camara switching to infer-red so it can see in the dark (do not want any light suddendly switching on and scaring mummy or daddy owl do we?).

A few years ago I was watching a live tv programme about barn owls, we were watching some baby owls that were about four weeks old. The owl expert pointed out that one was much quite small and said this one would eventually be pushed out by the bigger babies, just then the biggest turned round opened its beak and swallowed the little one whole ......... you have been warned!

Jim
    Oh how awful! Thanks for the warning, and for the explanation about the light conditions.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Here's another live webcam that you might be interested in. Mr. G, you might need to get another computer... ha ha - just kidding.

Hornby Eagle Group Projects Society
    Cool, Marta, thanks! Mama eagle is currently feeding her little one. Or maybe it's Papa eagle. And this one has audio, Al!
    Last edited by annekat; 03-29-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, I just went on and the camera started moving and panning in and out and now it's on a branch filming another eagle. Someone is controlling the camera on the eagle ones. I'm waiting to see the baby owls too. Thank YOU Anne for starting this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea thanks alot Anne for starting this ...I've been watching these birds on and off allllll day and not getting anything done that I had planned on. It is really cool,I finally saw the baby owl. And then the one eagle brought back what look like a squirrel and starting eating it. I just hope the owls don't eat one another like someone said on one of the posts...how sad ! Oh and I quess I have Marta to thank for this also !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me when I had a pet owl.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast