Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New old guy on the block

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time flys when you are having fun !!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ain't it the truth!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, here I am; diagnosis day plus six years. It's been quite the journey. Fortunately, it's been a blessed journey, even when I had a major flare five years ago. I've made friends on this forum who I treasure and would like to meet someday. I've gotten advice and support from people who are on the same journey. To all of you, I wish good health and the blessings of effective treatments, wise counsel, and peace of mind.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

4. Likes Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well, here I am; diagnosis day plus six years. It's been quite the journey. Fortunately, it's been a blessed journey, even when I had a major flare five years ago. I've made friends on this forum who I treasure and would like to meet someday. I've gotten advice and support from people who are on the same journey. To all of you, I wish good health and the blessings of effective treatments, wise counsel, and peace of mind.
    Thanks for sharing your journey with us. And thank you, Pete, for being here, allways with kind words of wisdom and support. God bless you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete,
    Congratulations on your six year Dx Birthday! It is so good to see how well you are doing. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Keep up the good health!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New old guy on the block

Nine years in now. I was released from OSU Medical Center nine years ago today. The past year saw my second minor (and third overall) flare. The disease remains well-controlled with an annual dose of rtx. Other than a four-week pred blast to treat last summer’s flare, I’ve been pred free since June 2018.

Here’s to significant advances in treatment of the disease in the coming year.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

8. Likes annekat, Masha, Dirty Don, mishb, Keith, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the annual update, Pete. You were dx'd and began treatment a couple of months before I was in 2011. I looked back over the thread from the beginning, and found good posts from people who have either passed away or haven't posted much in years. Some humorous ones, too. Might be a good way for new members to get some background and get acquainted with some of those old members. Sorry for last summer's flare, but glad you are pred free and generally keeping things under control. Amen to new advances in treatment! Next year will be our 10 year anniversary! Cheers!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

10. Likes Masha, Pete, Dirty Don, drz, mishb, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy survivor'versary Pete.

Such a lot of time has passed, and you have and your medical team, have done well
    Who would have thought it, when we all read those google reports, way back then
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

12. Likes Pete, annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, here I am at 10 years post dx. Thankfully, there’s very little to report on the GPA front. Still off pred. Taking bactrim 3x weekly. Getting ready for either a 500 mg rtx in March or my COVID shots within a few weeks (B-cell level permitting).

For those who are newer to the forum, this thread provides most of my early case history. From there, I’ve recovered to lead the normal life of a 74 year-old.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

14. Likes annekat, Dirty Don, mishb, Alysia, Ashley37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear all is well, Pete! We are coming up on my 10 year anniversary in a couple of months!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

16. Likes Pete, mishb, Alysia liked this post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast