Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New old guy on the block

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    I'm only 56, do I have to wait four years to be a geezette? Can't you make an exception? Maybe I can be a geezette in training? (LOL)
    We can make an exception for you, Lightwarrior! You are an honorary geezette.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Pete thinks the humor on here is one of the symptoms of WG!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    I wonder if Pete thinks the humor on here is one of the symptoms of WG!!! LOL
    Maybe it is!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete, welcome to one of the worlds most exclusive of clubs, you are now officially a weggie! I will apologise for the level of humour on this site, it is either a result of our wonderfully exciting disease or it is a side effect of the many facinating drugs we take.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blessed2bamommy View Post
    We have 5 children (15 yog, 13 yob, 12 yog, 8 yob and 5 week old girl)
    blessed2bamommy, I am disgusted to see you have raised two yobs! I hope this is a linguistic error on your part, as in Britain a yob is defined as:-

"a teenage hooligan, vandal or loafer"

But then again you know your children and you might occassionally think that is true.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella1759 View Post
    .... I haven't been dx with WG yet, but i do have all of the tell tale signs .....
    I am sure Isabella you know the old saying "if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is probably a duck". Having said that I, and I am sure the rest of us, will be interested to see what your rheummy says next week, do please keep us updated on your condition.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Geezers and bats? ("Geezettes"?)
    I love your new word Al. It is right in keeping with the word "ladette" coined a few years back to describe young females who imitate their male counterparts. The Concise Oxford Dictionary describes it thus:-

"Young women who behave in a boisterously assertive or crude manner and engage in heavy drinking sessions."

So if young females can be ladettes why should their more mature sisters not be geezettes? Perhaps yoiu should write to the Oxford Dictionary and make that suggestion?

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    blessed2bamommy, I am disgusted to see you have raised two yobs! I hope this is a linguistic error on your part, as in Britain a yob is defined as:-

"a teenage hooligan, vandal or loafer"

But then again you know your children and you might occassionally think that is true.

Jim
    Oh that is funny. Sorry yob stands for "year old boy" and yog stands for "year old girl" So I have a 15 year old girl, 13 year old boy, 12 year old gir, 8 year old boy and 5 week old girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blessed2bamommy View Post
    Oh that is funny. Sorry yob stands for "year old boy" and yog stands for "year old girl" So I have a 15 year old girl, 13 year old boy, 12 year old gir, 8 year old boy and 5 week old girl.
    What did I say about Weggie humor? And all this from Pete's thread. title. Blame Pete--yeah, that's the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Al, I like "geezettes"! It sounds graceful and glamorous, sort of like "gazelles". Yes, we weggies do grasp at straws for entertainment and humor!
    Gazelles and Geezettes? Sounds like a Pillows song--Geezette/Gazelle City:

Come on, sunshine
    Let’s be off
    Come on, sunshine
    I’ll walk your home
    Come on sunshine
    Let’s be off
    (But Maybe I’m sleeping yet)

Actually, maybe this makes sense on other levels as well...

Al
    Last edited by Al; 03-26-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Jim. Given the right encouragement, women can be as despicably obnoxious as the guys, though one gets the sense that they have to work at it more (for us, it just seems to flow more naturally. For the gazelle, it doesn't really matter whether the lion is a male or a female, except to note that the female is invariably the better hunter. I think, though, that Geezettes do not have to engage in heavy drinking sessions. Geezerhood, whether male or female, is a state of mind--a kind of spry curmudgeonry.

Al

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast