Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Recapitualtion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try Al, but gee whiz, could u at least give more notice next time PLEASE!!!!
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had both eyes done and it went OK. I remember when surgeon gave me same spiel about risk of side effects like being 1 in a thousand. I responded you mean my risk of worse vision is twenty times higher than the disease I already got. Those odds sound horrible. He chuckled and said Yah, I guess they are.

Best wishes for better vision. I wore glasses and had one lens taken out so i had less problem with the one eye good and one eye bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Well, gang, I do not have a personal "update" thread, so maybe this will do for now.

My postings may be a bit sparse for a spell. As you may know, or will surely find out at some point, prednisone has more side effects than you might realize. Case in immediate point: It speeds up cataracts by 10 years or more. Now, I am on a much lower dosage these days. Nevertheless, the eyes are definitely messed up, which is quite boring. I am getting really tired of those shimmery, dancing letters that refuse to come into definitive focus, especially during low-light conditions. So: Tomorrow I have the surgery on the right eye. If all goes well, the left eye will follow in about 6 weeks. They say that there is a 499 out of 500 chance that all will go well. Unless I am the 500th, I will be back tomorrow night, though without a license to drive for another 24 hours. We'll see. Ever then, I will have to get used to the mis-matched eyes. I'll be around the rest of the week, though rather busy. In any event, the next week, I am scheduled to go to the bird camp, where I will be giving some sort of presentation. The day after I get home, my wife and I will take a few days off. In both cases, I will have little or no internet access (which would sort of defeat the purpose, I suppose). (You suppose you lucky folks can do without me...?)

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck AL, I hope everything goes smoothly.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with your surgeries..I'm sure everything will go well.Hope you and your wife enjoy a much needed break. Let us know when u r back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, Al. I hope it goes off without a hitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll be good for another 50 years Al!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck Al! I hope it goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, folks! I am back. It is a bit hard to do anything at the computer, so I'll just leave a short report. It was painful to get up so early, but the surgery itself was quick and easy. Even now. so shortly afterword, my distance vision in the new eye is just about perfect--no glasses. But there is no close up vision to speak of; I'll need new glasses for that. The other eye has to do all the reading for now, which means I'll need an eye patch or something for now. More later!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading with one eye must be difficult...
    Hope you 'll soon have new glasses.

Glad your surgery went so well!
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
    You'll be good for another 50 years Al!
    This made me snort like a warthog, Brian. If I am an Old Man now, let's see: Another 50 years would make me....er...

Besides, I's not sure I want to be "good". I'm thinkin' that maybe it is time to be just a little bad. Or, at least, I wold like to think that I am still capable of getting into trouble, even as the opportunities become fewer and farther between....

Al

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast