Since drug induced remission in October 2008, I feel i have never been monitired adequately. To date 3 different doctors have overseen my treatment and each one has done 3 monthly labs. I recently consulted with a Nephrologist and asked his opinion on how often my kidney function should be monitored and he says as long as I am stable 6 monthly should be fine.

I have renal involvement (stage 3 CKD) and so I am worried about a 'silent' flare and feel that I should be monitored more frequently. I do what I can to monitor rmyself by checking my BP frequentlty, urine dipsticks for protein etc and check for fluid retention. But is this enough? I did mention to one doctor that WG patients in the USA are monitored monthly and her response to that "because the doctors are afraid of being sued"!!! Just thought I'd mention that so you get an idea of what I have to deal with.

I haven't had labs done since end November last year as my Rheumy now says 4 monthly labs is adequate. I am also on Cellcept 750mmgs twice daily and that alone should call for more frequent monitoring.

Any suggestions on how to approach this subject with the doctors without coming across as if I am telling them how to do their job??