Likes Likes:  0

Thread: a kick up the reality butt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default a kick up the reality butt

while i was sitting in my chair tonight in front of the tv,feeling sorry for myself for everything that had happened to me,a news flash came up that a 23 year old professional football player had collapsed during a game.40,000 people watched on as paramedics tried to rescusitate him on the pitch.a defibrilator was also used and they managed to bring him back.he's now in critical condition in hospital.despite my problems i'll be 60 in a few weeks i hope that young lad lives as long.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear ya John. We have much to be thankful for. I always say it could be much worse or someone has it much worse than me.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, last week some 22 Belguim kids died in a coach accident and then there are our soldiers getting killed in Afganistan.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life isn't fair, or even reasonable, so we take our joys and pleasures as and when we can. I know that I am, in context, a very lucky man. Yet I cannot help wanting to rage at the gods for being so mean and nasty and so gallingly capricious. But it only helps a little to write a long essay about this. But I think I do not have to: You all know exactly what I mean.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Life isn't fair, or even reasonable, so we take our joys and pleasures as and when we can. I know that I am, in context, a very lucky man. Yet I cannot help wanting to rage at the gods for being so mean and nasty and so gallingly capricious. But it only helps a little to write a long essay about this. But I think I do not have to: You all know exactly what I mean.

Al
    Well stated Al