Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so grateful for this group, too. What on earth did I do without all of you? I really like the format, too-- how you can go back and read old threads so easily. Thank you, Andrew!

Doug Guest

Smile (;{)>---]bless you, new partner in crime! [___(}o:)

[quote=jola57;2346]It was briliant wasn't it, he he he[/quote

I think this is your day, Jolanta! you must be feeling reasonably well! I know I am! I had fun with the old people over at the care center, helping those with hearing loss and physical disabilities place their BINGO markers. I was playing five cards, in essence, though that won't impress many who BINGO a lot. Then I helped with the exercise session, which brings out an interestingly aggressive side of some of the sweetest ladies I've ever known! I mention these things because it's important for those of you in the early stages of treatment to know that you will have the good days return for the most part. And part of that involves a positive attitude and a willingness to get outside yourself and your medical issues! Helping others, being a volunteer is such a joyous thing to do, and it may be something for you to consider down the road, if you don't already do it.
    Last edited by Doug; 05-03-2009 at 06:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gaaaaaa!! This will requie more planning than I thought

Will give it another shot next weekend
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Doug Guest

The IT gods and goddesses where I used to work would sacrifice a goat in front of the mainframe or appropriate work stations in the circumstances you find yourself, Andrew. I don't think any virgins were involved because, to my best knowledge, there weren't any at corporate headquarters. Not one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah, no need for that. That's so 2008. I have a few secret and not so secret swear words that, when said in the right order usually result in a smooth upgrade. I must have got them out of sequence this morning
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Doug Guest

Yes, I remember words! And special secret doings at Carhenge....

Doug Guest

There are plans afoot for a celebration at Carhenge at summer solstice. Fortunately I'm not a virgin anymore. Nor a Druid. Nor a neo-Druid. Nor a quasi-Druid. Nor a Druid-wannabe! Won't be there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please add my thanks Andrew - wish I had this site 6 years ago at the onset - might have made it a litttle easier !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The new version of the software that runs this site is going to be released in the next several days. Come Christmas/New Year time, the site will probably have a whole new look and will more than likely confuse some/all of us. Unfortunately there's no way around it at this stage. I'll try and fit the demon bunny in though!!

Functionality will be the same i.e. new posts link, reply to thread, create new thread, search, private messaging etc etc but things will be in different places. It'll take a bit of getting used to but you'll soon be an expert

I've got two other forums to upgrade as well so by the time I get to this one I'll be an expert
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Andrew for all you do to bring this site to those who need it and to help us navigate it as well. I know how much work you must put in and want to applaud you for your passion to keep us connected. You are wonderful and we appreciate all you time and effort!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast