I reread this thread and some others. This stimulates lots of memories. I am impressed by the wisdom contained in many posts.

I feel very fortunate to be doing as well as I am today. Especially when I read the posts of others who were younger, some were in better health, but now they are gone. It seems strange to me that some of them have been gone two or three years since it feels like they were just on here and i half expect to read another post from them again. But with Wegs anything can happen and happen quickly and knowing this can help us enjoy the present and to celebrate whatever life we now have today. Making peace with this possibility really helps and this was reflected in some of the posts of our departed friends.

At my last checkup my Weg doctor reminded me of this. he commented on well I was now doing and he asked how long ago it was when we first met. I was in ICU at the time in Spring of 2010. He commented on how my survival seemed very doubtful back then so my ability to do as much as I can now is cause for joy and celebration. My neuropathy continues to progress making walking harder but I try to walk even more even though it is more difficult since walking and exercise might slow down the progression of neuropathy according to my doctors.

My last labs were stable and mostly OK and in my usual best range. My nasal rinses are mostly mucous with little or no blood. Joint pain is back in mild range and energy level seems in my usual range which allows me a few hours of mild activity most days, often along with a daily nap or two.

My doctor thought I could increase the length of time between follow up appointments and routine lab work too again. I think they know and trust I will contact them right away if I have any symptoms of a flare or new problems that warrant attention.

Hope everyone is feeling joy about their being alive while they hope and work toward more good health. Have a Good Day!