Likes Likes:  122
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate how far we have come!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drz, part of the beauty of this forum and the people on it is that somehow, somebody knows what others need to hear. Having a bad day today, breathing isn't right, had to do some shopping and my feet are killing me from my Neuropathy, legs feel like they weigh a ton. When I get home, I'm feeling sorry for myself. Then I read your missal. Now I too am taking my bad day and turning it into a celebration of life. At least my feet hurt, at least I can breathe, I can walk. Thank you for a very sobering and needful reminder of the blessings we do have. I still miss Jack, Light and Al. All were uplifting spirits to us as a group.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

2. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drz, thank you for your words and the reminder that each day is a gift to be cherished. Yes we will be out of this frozen snow covered landscape. The changing of the seasons can be a reminder to us that nothing lasts for ever. So as we are in times of illness and strife the"spring" in all it's various colors will come. I am sending you only good wishes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, drz, for another one of your thoughtful and insightful posts. We can always learn something positive from what you write. No more ice races for this year, please, and here's to seeing some green grass soon!

BTW, I did not lose an hour of sleep, because I just slept as long as I felt like sleeping. But it is a little disconcerting to have less time to do anything today. It will be so nice, though, to have it stay light an hour longer! Let's dedicate Daylight Savings Time to the memory of Lightwarrior.

And yes, it is still bringing tears to my eyes to think of these three, so familiar and dear to us, that we have lost. And we can't forget the others whom we didn't know as well who have also been lost. The candles on the map.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

5. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you so much, drz, for such a beautiful and giving hope post
    I feel your sorrow about the friends that passed away ...
    the joy of being alive and feeling better....
    the feeling of beautiful spring coming after a long cold winter...
    not only outside but mainly inside, in our souls...
    I hope you continue to get better. love you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

7. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    This might jinx myself but I have even avoided the ER and urgent care walk in places for many months so I really feel blessed.
    I didn't end up in ER or urgent care clinic but I think it is rather ironic that the next day I developed an infected tooth that required an urgent visit to my dentist and starting an antibiotic. My routine labs the same day indicate an elevated WBC which for me has always indicated some kind of infection like bladder or sinus infection, but my dental exam indicated a "hot tooth" that requires a root canal after the antibiotic has calmed it down a bit.

I did get good report though from my nephrologist who said my kidneys have been amazingly stable at about about half of normal function since they were damaged by the Wegs four years ago. It was anticipated that my diabetes would continue to damage my kidneys and cause a further decrease in their function but that has not happened in past three years.

I don't think the Weg dog reads these forums but am beginning to wonder about superstitions like not bragging about good things cause it may cause some bad event to happen.
    Last edited by drz; 04-05-2016 at 10:05 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drz, it is good news that it is "only" a tooth. Ouch! I suppose many of us with chronic disease might feel jinxed after we just proclaimed how well we are doing. Is that really the case knowing how unpredictable this illness is. Many of us are "gun shy" with due case. But I think that when we feeling well after a long hard slog that we should celebrate our degree of wellness perhaps shouting it from a roof top. That level of joy is good for the soul and it encouraging for those who are still fighting the good fight. Your words have been encouraging and helpful to so many of us. Please share all your good news as well as the stuff that might not be so good. I hope the root canal is not too uncomfortable. Be well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was already scheduled to have a filling put in the infected tooth but now he said he will do the root canal instead and maybe wait to fill it later depending upon how it looks at the time. I have had them before and recall they are less painful than the preceding pain that lead to the diagnosis of needing one. The pain has already decreased from one day on the antibiotic.
    Last edited by drz; 09-09-2014 at 02:18 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Drz, you have been through so much in such a short period of time. Just shows how diverse this disease is, is different in everyone. Thanks for sharing.
    Be gentle with yourself, you are doing the best you can ~ LillysMom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many of you recently have touched on the subject I always have in the back of my mind. As much as Lilly has gone through for so long, as angry she gets at this disease, she looks at my sister-in-law with MS (her aunt of course), in early 60s and says 'I am so lucky!" Lilly is thankful she can still work in her yard (with a lot of rest before and after), walk up stairs, drive some and have a PT job. I am almost 70 feel guilty sometimes that I can do more than either of them. They are both very determined women. My respect is with them and with all of you who have suffered so much.
    Be gentle with yourself, you are doing the best you can ~ LillysMom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi DRZ, your story sounds very like mine, I was put into an induced coma for two months and had a hard fight getting my muscles back. I too am joyful for the recovery i have made and I find your story and attitude to this awful mother-in-law of a disease inspiering. After two years I am back at work full time and I find that a possitive mental attitude is some of the best medicine you can have. Good luck for the future and God bless.
    Mike
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

14. Likes drz liked this post
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast