Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for the ladies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Question for the ladies.

Ah, kind of an embarrassing question here. I was wondering if anyone have noticed any changes "down there" after getting WG? Like more soreness, or in the amount of vaginal discharge..

I'm not sure if this got anything to do with WG or any of our meds at all, but I just wanted to ask you guys, before I consider mentioning it to my WG docs. I've been noticing an increase in soreness for the past months and also an increase in vaginal discharge. However I went to a "normal" (in the sense of no WG-experience) gynaecologist and he could see nothing wrong except a little soreness. So no infections. He proposed it might be the pred doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myalgias and neuralgias seem to affect almost everything these days. But I'm without dx nor treatment. For me, everything hurts and nothing is unaffected. Wish I could help more. I sure hope it resolves quickly for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like it's likely due to hormonal changes. Pred and ctx are the main culprits. Are you on either?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While on pred I had a change in tenderness. I also had yest infections all the time from the antibiotics. I have noticed being off pred for about three or four months it has become better. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on 7,5 mg of pred, but I haven't changed the dosage since this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The longer you're on pred the more it disrupts the endocrine system. And when you go off of it, the imbalances don't go away, but they do get a bit better. Hormone changes also change the viscosity of vaginal secretions, making them more or less viscous, depending on the imbalance. More viscous secretions might make it seem that there is more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that sucks. I had hoped going off pred would solve much of my "problems." Not that I see being without pred in my near future anyways. Seems like my docs are veery conservative about pred. I mean, I've never gone below 7,5 mg in almost 3 years and I've been in remission for at least a year now. Although I've never heard my docs use the word remission.

I am always amazed by how much knowledge you have, Sangye. Thank you for all the good advice and support you give us

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    Well, that sucks. I had hoped going off pred would solve much of my "problems." Not that I see being without pred in my near future anyways. Seems like my docs are veery conservative about pred. I mean, I've never gone below 7,5 mg in almost 3 years and I've been in remission for at least a year now. Although I've never heard my docs use the word remission.

I am always amazed by how much knowledge you have, Sangye. Thank you for all the good advice and support you give us
    Hi Elena - i've been on pred over a year and on 5mg for 8 or 9 months. I am told i am now in remission and tapering down to 4mg at the moment. Everyone is different and it depends on your circumstances i'm sure. I am by no means an expert on this subject but it does puzzle me why they arnt tapering you down slowly. Any thoughts Sangye/ Al?
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    Hi Elena - i've been on pred over a year and on 5mg for 8 or 9 months. I am told i am now in remission and tapering down to 4mg at the moment. Everyone is different and it depends on your circumstances i'm sure. I am by no means an expert on this subject but it does puzzle me why they arnt tapering you down slowly. Any thoughts Sangye/ Al?
    Like everything else in treatment there is no consensus on tapering. Some expert think that once you hit a low enough dosage, like 5 mg, it may help avoid flares to stay on this dosage at least while you are on any maintenance meds like Imuran or MTX. This was recommended to me so I have been at 5 mg for about six months. I think another consideration might be how dangerous a bad flare can be for you. For those of us with considerable kidney damage and lung damage a big flare could be fatal so more caution seems wise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also concerned that you are being kept on 7.5 mg without tapering. That doesn't seem right. Weggies with major sinus involvement have the hardest time getting off pred, but they should always be given the chance to try. And everyone else usually can get lower or off of pred. The longer you're on pred the more damage it does, and the harder it will be to get off of it. I suggest you have a long talk with your main Wegs doc about this. If s/he is keeping you on that dose out of fear alone, that isn't good enough.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast