Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm new

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi I'm new

Hi everyone I have been diagnosed with WG in December found this site thought I would say hi
    And I just wanted to ask if anyone knows when saddle nose happens does it do it slowly or just collaps as my nose is changing thanks Louise 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can happen very fast or take several flares for it to happen. Each case is very different. We are all individual.

Welcome to the Forum Louise. Please feel free to tell your story.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine definitely collapsed over time, and it probably took a year to completely collapse. I just had mine repaired last month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Louise. This is a really great site, and I'm glad you found it. I don't know when my saddle nose happened or how fast. I just noticed it one day right before diagnosis. No one else did, as it is relatively moderate and my glasses hide it well, and it may have happened gradually. But I do worry that it might get worse, as my sinus area is my biggest continuing problem and sometimes I feel tingling around the bridge of my nose.

We'd be glad to hear more about your WG and what you are going through. Ask any questions anytime and also use the search function. There are several on here who are very knowledgeable and many who have been through similar things to what you are experiencing.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi thanks everyone for replying,
    I got WG in my top half if that makes sence,mainly with my sinuses on the right side of my face,it has all gone numb and the doctors said I have got nerve damage and may not come back. With my nose it's really small and it doesn't have a bone in it lol so I think it is collapsing,I don't no how they would fix it as it's not a normal nose in the first place so I am quite worried.I can't wait to come off the medication as I'm so down with the weight gain and the acne thanks again louise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Louise and welcome to the "group".

Mine is mainly sinus involvement, and I also get a red bloodshot eye and have reduced hearing ........ all on the right side.
    No saddle nose and even though I can see little changes in the shape, my ENT says that it probably will never happen and therefore, I guess there is no point in waiting for the what if's.

I hope you have had a quick response to your medications and that you are starting to show some improvement.

Take care
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there I had the medication in december and for a couple of weeks now I have been feeling so much better,I did go completely deaf at one point but when I had infusions of steroids it came back but still very hard of hearing xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Louisexx View Post
    Hi there I had the medication in december and for a couple of weeks now I have been feeling so much better,I did go completely deaf at one point but when I had infusions of steroids it came back but still very hard of hearing xx
    A lot of us, including me, have hearing problems. Some eventually get their hearing back, and others don't. I hope you are one of the lucky ones who does!

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louise, welcome to the forum, it is nice to have another Brit join our merry group. How is sunny downtown Pompey, it is about nine years since I was last there?

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louise--since others can talk about saddle noses better, I'll just say welcome and hi!

Al

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast