Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default new

hi I was just diagnosed with Wegeners although I have had the symptoms for a very long time, I guess I am just looking for information. right now I am just tired and wonder if energy ever returns, Glad I found this site, Skip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Skip.

Tiredness is par for the course for most of us.

Please tell us more.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Skip.

Fatigue is my greatest complaint these days. Even though I feel like the disease is being controlled, for the most part, the fatigue never goes away. I've not achieved remission yet. I wonder whether energy levels return once remission is achieved? Maybe someone who has had a remission can answer that for us both.

Hang in there Skip
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have to have Wegener's, I'm glad you found the site, Skip. I assume you are getting proper treatment, and it will take a few months for the tiredness and other symptoms to improve. As Phil says, most of us continue to deal with the tiredness, and some days are worse than others. But in my case and others, I have a lot more energy than I did in the beginning stages of treatment, so there is hope for you to experience the same.

In any case, you came to the right place. I've found this to be a most supportive, informative, and fun group of people. You can feel free to ask any question and share anything. And don't forget the Search function, where you can read lots of posts from the past on lots of different subjects.

Best wishes for recovery and eventual remission.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in remission and I can say I do have much better energy levels than when I was I'll. I don't know if it will ever be like before, but it's better than it has been.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in remission as well but this remission I have much less energy than any other remission.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, are you still on any of the drugs now that you are in remission? And how much? Just curious.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Skip, you have come to the right place...lots of stories and info, some very informed, some just things to think about as you continue this journey. I am 6+ months into treatment on mtx & pred. Feeling better than I have in a long time on many days, others, not so good...but am avoiding relapse & headed toward an unofficially suggested remission...hope hope hope. Please ask and share stories, we're all pretty well stocked up on all the 'uglies' of this disease and have similar experiences...just ask! Take care & good luck! Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Skip. I got into remission pretty quickly with the drugs (dx January 2010) and my energy levels are probably close to where they were before, although when I get tired I tend to not bounce back as quickly as I might have in the past.

I hope you will share more of your story with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Phil, are you still on any of the drugs now that you are in remission? And how much? Just curious.

Anne
    I'm still on 150mg of aza and will be probably for at least another year. I'm at 15mg of pred as well and will be down to 10 on Wednesday. I'm on Septra as well but will be off that on Wednesday. Those are the main ones I'm on.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast