Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Cannon- "Lupus like auto-immune disease"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame? Nah. Again, like the office pool, it is only in fun, since we don't have much to go on (since he hasn't said all that much).

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This gentleman is unknown in Europe as far as I can make out . But I have got my Google news alerts set up so it flags up anything to do with 'Wegener's granulomatosis".

This morning I find 2 news alerts concerning this entertainer. Both times because people have commented on articles by mentioning the possibility of WG.

If he has got WG he should stop being cagey about it. I think his publicists might be holding back in case he stops getting work because of it. In which case it is a lost opportunity to publicise vasculitis.

I hope things work out OK for this guy but it does sound like he might be in denial a little? - after all if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck........
    Last edited by Kimbangu; 03-04-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbangu View Post
    This gentleman is unknown in Europe as far as I can make out . But I have got my Google news alerts set up so it flags up anything to do with 'Wegener's granulomatosis".

This morning I find 2 news alerts concerning this entertainer. Both times because people have commented on articles by mentioning the possibility of WG.

If he has got WG he should stop being cagey about it. I think his publicists might be holding back in case he stops getting work because of it. In which case it is a lost opportunity to publicise vasculitis.

I hope things work out OK for this guy but it does sound like he might be in denial a little? - after all if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck........
    Not telling the world what is wrong with him is his choice. It's not necessarily denial. I have had wegeners for almost 12 years. I never bring it up and I can't name 3 people who could tell you what I have. I am not in denial but I do hate sayiNg wegeners granulomatosis. I would love if he would just tell us but it is not his duty to do so.

Unfortunately with autoimmunity if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck we can only assume that maybe it is some kind of bird. Maybe.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully it is a Flamingo then.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm blessed to have a platform to share my life, and there is a responsibility that comes with that, so I'm doing everything I can to drive awareness about kidney disease and lupus as well as provide inspiration to those living with it.

With March being World Kidney Month, it's only right that I use every outlet to further this awareness. I will be sitting down with Good Morning America on Monday to further discuss my journey please tune into ABC at 8am, I'll also be sharing my Ncredible Health Hustle with you here, so keep checking back often." - Nick Cannon

I got this from his website, you can find it here: Found Out I Have An Autoimmune Disease - Nick Cannon

In the short time he's been ill, he's done some good stuff. I doubt he's hiding anything. It's tricky to find a dx, as we all know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of Nick Cannon's correspondents suggested antiphospholipid syndrome (aka Hughes syndrome). This does fit the public description. It isn't so far from WG, you know. I still say we're all Weggies....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love Nick Cannon and was very sad to hear that he has an AI disease. it seems he has been more specific on Good Morning America this morning stating that he has Lupus Nephritis. Seems also his kidney disease may be worse than "mild' as, according to the article, some foods have been restricted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I taped it and finally watched it last night. Yep, Lupus Nephritis it is. He did mention that it was "life threatening" and that he has changed a lot of things. Maybe he will bring a lot of interest towards AI diseases in general.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phew I am just glad to learn that I have a "lupus - like disease" too! - that has made my day I must say.

I agree that accurate diagnosis is near -impossible. Let's face it he is one of us- regardless.
    Last edited by Kimbangu; 03-07-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    I taped it and finally watched it last night. Yep, Lupus Nephritis it is. He did mention that it was "life threatening" and that he has changed a lot of things. Maybe he will bring a lot of interest towards AI diseases in general.
    At one of the Vasculitus Foundation Symposiums one of the doctors during his speech said the best thing that could happen for us with WG is if someone famous came down with it. This is not wishing it on anyone but just recognizing the good that can come from it. Everyone here acts in that way , in our own way. Everyone here is 'famous' to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast