Thread: Foot Numbness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Foot Numbness

Greetings to all,
    I was diagnosed with WG in Nov 2011 and am currently on the Gliepiride, Prednisone, Omeprazole, Cyclophosphamide, and Bactrim. Apporx. 6 weeks ago I started getting a numbness on the bottoms of both feet. It feels something like when you may have gotten your feet very-very cold and they felt numbness until they warmed up. Could this be from the med’s or is a condition of the WG? Anyone had this problem? Thanks for any info you may provide. (Anyone from Spokane, Wa?)
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the neuropathy, an effect of the WG...I have it on top of my feet...fun trying to get balanced sometimes!!! LOL...then again, I'm a klutz anyway, this just furthers the problem!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of us have this problem, but it seems to be different for everyone. For some, there is significant pain. For me, it is a numbness concentrated in my toes and the front of my feet, accompanied sometimes by cramping. It has improved significantly as my overall symptoms improve under treatment with the meds.

As for finding someone in Spokane, we have a member map available online that might show someone in that area, if that person has put themselves on the map. I don't know how to put the map link on here for you, so I hope someone else will. Perhaps that link could be put at the top of the main page under the Community tab. There is also a member directory, but I just checked it and it doesn't seem to show locations of the members. Good luck with that!

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i too suffer from numb feet but only after walking,usually about 100 yards.the hospital has put this down to vasculitis which has damaged the veins to the extent that there is very little blood flow to my lower legs.they are reluctant to try and inflate the veins because of their poor condition.if it went wrong i would lose my leg or legs. john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Greetings to all,
    I was diagnosed with WG in Nov 2011 and am currently on the Gliepiride, Prednisone, Omeprazole, Cyclophosphamide, and Bactrim. Apporx. 6 weeks ago I started getting a numbness on the bottoms of both feet. It feels something like when you may have gotten your feet very-very cold and they felt numbness until they warmed up. Could this be from the med’s or is a condition of the WG? Anyone had this problem? Thanks for any info you may provide. (Anyone from Spokane, Wa?)
    Ken
    Neuropathy comes with the territory, Ken; a high percentage of Weggies have some kind of neural anomalies. I can't wear leather shoes for more than about 15 minutes, for instance. Others will have similar stories. Sorry about this!

Al

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Join the club, Ken! I have numbing in my feet and hands primarily. Some days are worse than others. And you'll hear we all have individual symptoms and experiences. But we are all united under the WG dx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ken, here is the link to the WegMap. I only see vdub and ArlaMo anywhere near Spokane, but you can put yourself on there, and that doesn't mean there isn't anyone else from there in the membership. For other posts about the WegMap, do a search on it at the top of the main page.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Annekat, I submitted my name of the map. Hopefully, someone from Spokane, Wa will answer.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all that replied to my “foot numbness” question. Looks like it something I have to live with.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Thanks Annekat, I submitted my name of the map. Hopefully, someone from Spokane, Wa will answer.
    Ken
    Great to see you on the map, Ken, and I hope someone from Spokane sees you there and responds! Looking at the membership list I see lots of members who I haven't seen posts from, and there are also guests who read the forum. Maybe there is someone from Spokane who doesn't check in often but eventually will, so keep trying!

Anne

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast