Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terminated from job

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the rheumologist was first to mention it based on symptoms, my neurologist says symptoms not due to brain lesions...maybe allergy. Tested neg to allergy and I dont think I have allergoes. On 10mg predisone and zertec morning and night to help fight nasal congestion. When I get stuffy, eyes and swelling get worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Symptoms may not be due to brain lesions. However, vasculitis could possibly by at the source of all the noted symptoms. (I'm hoping not the brain lesions, but I think you would need a neurologist with some vasculitis expertise to sort that out.)

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is vasculitis different

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newweg View Post
    how is vasculitis different
    I'm not sure what your question is. Different than...what? Wegener's? Vasuculitis just means inflammation of blood vessels. Wegener's is one kind of vasculitis; there are many more. Some of them are generally associated with ANCA; others are not. My point in raising the issue is that many doctors are unfamiliar with vasculitis and do not consider it in making a diagnosis, even when it is the closest fit for the symptoms.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you said is pretty much what my rheumologist said. He said I have Vasculitis and a auto immune disorder, he put wegners as a dx for now. My neuro does not connect the brain with it. Though rare, wegs can invade the brain, I think I read in 2% of cases. How do I find a neuro who understands wegners? I have no insurance for 2 wks until cobra can kick in, I had to cancel appts and tests. Wegs neuro in Phila PA area???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newweg View Post
    What you said is pretty much what my rheumologist said. He said I have Vasculitis and a auto immune disorder, he put wegners as a dx for now. My neuro does not connect the brain with it. Though rare, wegs can invade the brain, I think I read in 2% of cases. How do I find a neuro who understands wegners? I have no insurance for 2 wks until cobra can kick in, I had to cancel appts and tests. Wegs neuro in Phila PA area???
    I'd check with Dr. Peter Merkel, at the U. Penn Medical School. He is one of the best Vasculitis docs around, and could give you the right referral, or consult with your present neurologist. Otherwise, the next closest for your is Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. They have a full vasculitis department. But you would need a referral. I know that brain involvement is rare, but not so rare that it is above suspicion. Good luck!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, I will call Dr. Merkel's office! Maybe rhuemologist will refer me th John Hopkins, I see him in 3-4 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by henrycandy View Post
    Hi All

New Member - WG for last 5 years -luckily appear to have been diagnosed early hence (touch wood) no major organ involvement.

However due to Gastro problem (advised not likely WG associated) over last 12 months WG is gaining momentum and subject to updated Blood Tests I look likely that kidney biopsy required and 12 months of Cyclo/Preds which i am not looking forward to.

Off work over 6 months and likely may not return - Has anyone had experience of claims under Income Protection for WG - I have had periods of remission under WG (pred/mx dosages).

Not sure how Insurance companies view WG particurarly as under correct dosage of medication one can sometimes bouts of normality as regards day to day living

Hope furum members can help
    Hi henrycandy,

Welcome to the forum. As to your question I am about to pm you.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sad...I am a nurse in a small rural hospital and we are like family...I know the places in the city would not accomadate my every 3 months trips to Mayo and KU...o am very blessed...your co workers violated HIPPA as well as ethics...I hope they get fired along with your boss who Fired u....even in nos fault states. They cannot fire u because you are sick
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everyone is as kind as you. I am happy that most ex co workers are upset, shocked and supportive. I am not defined by my illness or my job. I have treated everyone I encounter with respect.
    I always will. Thank you all for your comments and support.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast