Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HopeinTN, I LOVE your Avatar and your Bombeck quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forget everything. Not sure if it is drug-induced or just getting old. I used to be pretty sharp and could juggle a couple dozen variables in my mind as I was writing computer programs. I could never do that now.

I rely heavily on the calendar in my computer (which is on most all the time). I put in every little thing possible, because I know I'll forget it. I have to put reminders in immediately, since, if I don't, I will forget within 5 minutes....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was taking mtx I tried not to interact with people at work because I knew my words weren't coming out correctly. I was also forgetting that I'd had conversations with people. It was really embarrassing. And I was terrified all the time that id make a mistake at work and screw something up.

I did come clean and tell ll my boss that I was having trouble with one of my meds. I didn't want him to think I was drunk or something.
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    Sangye-

That makes total sense. In addition I'm experiencing a light-headed and dizzy feeling. My Dr. says it mostly related to the hormone issues as you mentioned. I know I'm not old and I have a lot of good years ahead, but all these issues are making the turning 40 thing harder than I ever imagined. Especially the fact that teh treatment could keep me from having any children of my own. I'm totally ok with adoption, but it still weighs on me. I just had a different plan for me, but my plan isn't the one that's important. I'm slowly adjustign to that.

Malnourished? Ha, no chance with teh weight gain from the pred. I need to get my behind on a diet that is treatment approved and friendly.

Thanks so much!
    Lightheadedness may be due to the pred. Pred causes anxiety (anywhere from a little to a lot!), which is often the cause of lightheadedness. I'm assuming your blood pressure is okay. Pred can raise it and that can cause those symptoms too.

I was dx'ed when I was 41, and was extremely strong and fit. I had actually been looking forward to my 40's. I'm really sorry that you have to worry about infertility. I can't imagine how difficult that is. Ctx put me into menopause within 3 months. Being a nun it wasn't an issue that I can never have kids.

And hey, you can still be very malnourished even if you're very overweight. Living on junk food, etc... can easily do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    Hope, have you gone through menopause then? I have been in search of another woman who has at the same age I did? Is that you?
    Leigh, I was 24 when mine just stopped for no particular reason. It was after the birth of my first daughter. A very strange experience and as you said, nothing any of my friends could relate too.
    I was not on any medication, no illnesses, no reasons.......... they just stopped.

Lasted for 3 and a half years and during that time I was on hormone replacement medication and then I fell pregnant with my second daughter and everything went back to normal after that and has been ever since ....... worse luck.

I will be 47 shortly and would give anything to be free of them again........not long now I guess
    Last edited by mishb; 02-25-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: arrgh, spelling
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now on to brain foggyness

Wow, I am so glad that there is a reason and that I'm not going crazy.

I used to know all the names of the television characters of shows that I watched and now their names escape me, and ends up difficult when we are trying to have tv talk at work.

The same with people I went to school with. My sister used to say, Michelle you are so good with their names - I can put names to faces even after 30 years. Not quite sure about that now.

And my typing....... I was tested once at a typing rate of 127 words per minute with about 99% accuracy. Now I reckon I still could type over 100 wpm if I tried but the accuracy has gone down hill, about 50% and I am continually back spacing to delete incorrect words. My head is telling me what words to type but the fingers just don't produce the same words.
    I then proof read prior to hitting the send button and still miss some of the mistakes.

Gotta love that pred
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Leigh, I was 24 when mine just stopped for no particular reason. It was after the birth of my first daughter. A very strange experience and as you said, nothing any of my friends could relate too.
    I was not on any medication, no illnesses, no reasons.......... they just stopped.

Lasted for 3 and a half years and during that time I was on hormone replacement medication and then I fell pregnant with my second daughter and everything went back to normal after that and has been ever since ....... worse luck.

I will be 47 shortly and would give anything to be free of them again........not long now I guess
    I will admit I dont miss that part. I do have a daughter so the infertility was insulting but not heartbreaking. It is all the other issues involved with menopause that have changed my life in ways I am not to fond of. I am 40 now-almost I turn 40 on the last day of the mayan calander-but I was 28 when this hapened.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh jeez, I was dx'ed when I was 42, not 41. Well, that just helps make my point. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been bouncing back and forth from 60mg of preds since 2010, made it to 15mgs last spring and had to be upped to 40mgs and then got down to 10mgs, in Oct and had another flare. So we went back up to 30mgs and am still there. I can sometimes make full sentences or have a complete thought, but it is a challenge. As for infertility I have no children due to the fact that I had endometrosis and had a hysterectomy at 34, when finally at 49 I got my ovaries removed, I thought that I would have a whole new life. That joke was on me, Dxed with Weg's at 52! Not having children is heartbreaking, my husband and I tried everything,ferility drugs, operations and any other method for nine years, finally we realized that it was not to be. Thank goodness I lots of nieces and nephews inwhich I had the pleasure of spending lots of time with as they were growing up. Now they are all having their own children, if I could just remember their names,HA,HA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks LightWarrior. I feel the need to remind myself of positive thinking. Whatever it takes right? I just started my treatment in October and the signs of early menopause started around January. Still not sure if that's it but they say they are 75% sure it is. I was told I could wait for treatment but after my docs discussed it amongst several people at a teaching seminar at Vandy, they all felt the treatment shoudl start ASAP. My health is far more important than my wishes on this one. It's not the end of the world, but yes, a tad bit heartbreaking at the same time.

Sangye- I used to have very normal BP but yes, lately I feel it being elevated and a flushed face. The light-headed feeling is normally associated with standing up. Good to know it's pretty normal. Thanks for your words of wisdom as always.

To all of us that have to go thru this and other problems with treatment...here's a big hug to you!

I hope everyone has a great week!
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast