Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting A Cold And Using Vit C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would question those "credible" people, Al. I bet they can't produce a single study (or at least not one of any value) to substantiate their argument. It's a myth that persists.

(An ascorbic acid flush is actually a great way to treat some infections, just not for Weggies. Many years ago (pre-Wegs) I got pneumonia. It wasn't responding to antibiotics at all. I finally did an ascorbic acid flush-- 1st day it took 20,000 mg to reach bowel tolerance, 2nd day took about 10,000 and went down from there. I stopped coughing within 24 hrs and was fine within 4 days.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I would question those "credible" people, Al. I bet they can't produce a single study (or at least not one of any value) to substantiate their argument. It's a myth that persists.

(An ascorbic acid flush is actually a great way to treat some infections, just not for Weggies. Many years ago (pre-Wegs) I got pneumonia. It wasn't responding to antibiotics at all. I finally did an ascorbic acid flush-- 1st day it took 20,000 mg to reach bowel tolerance, 2nd day took about 10,000 and went down from there. I stopped coughing within 24 hrs and was fine within 4 days.)
    "Credible" people cans, and should be questioned regularly and vigorously, Sangye. Credibility must, in my view, be re-established with great regularity. As for me, I do not eschew ascorbic acid, nor do I, for now, go in for mega-doses. I am not convinced the controversy has been settled one way or the other. As I say, a cold could be bad for me. But I have managed to avoid viral infections (so far as I can tell) since my last flare. (Not sure, but I like to credit my delicious garlic soup, at least in part.) So I am loathe to change too much.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I do pay attention to what is said on this forum, and had stopped taking Vit. C as a daily supplement, beyond what is in my multivitamin. Now I am going back to taking 1000mg. a day.

Sangye, I'll repeat Nancy's question: Is there a particular brand or source of supplements that you recommend as "good quality"? I'm at a loss for that and usually just buy store brands, things on sale, etc.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin C scares me, I need to do more research before I ever take it again. We took so many as kids, it worries me. I appreciate all the knowledge that this forum brings, thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Vitamin C scares me, I need to do more research before I ever take it again. We took so many as kids, it worries me. I appreciate all the knowledge that this forum brings, thanks for sharing!
    Why does it scare you?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin C (or any vitamin) shouldn't scare you. Drugs should scare you. Yes, we need drugs to treat Wegs but it doesn't mean they aren't causing all sorts of problems.

I use professional brands of vitamins, sold by health care professionals. My favorite is Standard Process. They've been around almost 100 years and are really the only ones who use 100% whole nutrients. However, I'm not able to use many of their products anymore for one reason or another. I use Biotics brand for most of my supplements. Thorne also has great quality products. There are a few others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Vitamin C (or any vitamin) shouldn't scare you. Drugs should scare you. Yes, we need drugs to treat Wegs but it doesn't mean they aren't causing all sorts of problems.

I use professional brands of vitamins, sold by health care professionals. My favorite is Standard Process. They've been around almost 100 years and are really the only ones who use 100% whole nutrients. However, I'm not able to use many of their products anymore for one reason or another. I use Biotics brand for most of my supplements. Thorne also has great quality products. There are a few others.
    Thanks, Sangye. I'll try looking those up.

Anne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12