Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elena, I had a "rash" the first time I had wegs. It was not raised and was like little freckles. They would go away after a few days of prednisone. I would take pictures of them to show your doc in case they are gone by the time you go to the appointment. Mine were not a skin thing but were the blood vessels under the surface so no cream would help, so if your cream helps then it probably is not wegs related, in my opinion anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aewaustin View Post
    Elena, I had a "rash" the first time I had wegs. It was not raised and was like little freckles. They would go away after a few days of prednisone. I would take pictures of them to show your doc in case they are gone by the time you go to the appointment. Mine were not a skin thing but were the blood vessels under the surface so no cream would help, so if your cream helps then it probably is not wegs related, in my opinion anyway
    I agree, the rash spots I've seen that I thought were from Wegs did look like blood vessels and were about freckle sized. They would appear suddenly in times of stress or pred reduction, and could disappear almost as quickly, or would start to fade and then disappear. I never had enough of them to be overly concerned, but knew what they were from reading about them on the forum. Mine happened on my forearms, which I had read was a common place.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine are raised and bigger than freckles. However the hydrocortisone cream does not seem to help, it is still there with no change.. Going to the doc in an hour, maybe she can shed some light as to what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a rash behind my knee about a year after drug induced remission. I showed it to my rheumy as I was concerned it might be WG but she said because it was itchy that it was not vasculitis. it went away after after a while though I remember applying some cortisone cream for a few days.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same experience as Anne & aewaustin...lots of red dots under the skin (not raised). Doc said they are tiny blood vessel ruptures. I get them in stress, exertion, showering, etc. and they disappear in a few days. Legs, chest, arms mostly.

KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    Mine are raised and bigger than freckles. However the hydrocortisone cream does not seem to help, it is still there with no change.. Going to the doc in an hour, maybe she can shed some light as to what it is.
    We will be interested in finding out what the doc says!

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I had a rash behind my knee about a year after drug induced remission. I showed it to my rheumy as I was concerned it might be WG but she said because it was itchy that it was not vasculitis. it went away after after a while though I remember applying some cortisone cream for a few days.
    Is this always true? I often get itchy skin, some times I see red spots, and once the red area was very itchy. cortisone cream seems to help some areas, but not others. I think these rashes and skin things are really tricky to sort out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might not apply to everyone, but when the Wegs is active, I get very itchy patches of skin that look completely normal. It's a deep itch--way under the skin. Then a day or two later a vasculitic rash will appear there. It often has stopped itching by the time it appears. I know these are vasculitic rashes because we biopsied several in my early days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not that much the wiser after my visit to the doc. She suspected it might be some infection of a kind, maybe Staphylococcus of some kind.. My Crp was 19, so a little high. I'll be trying an ointment called fucidin to see if it helps. Hopefully it does.

My rash had developed a little, because now there seems to be some scabbing. I really hope this isn't WG-related. Everything was going so well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S. aureus is a common bacteria found on the skin. Could be that.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12