Thread: Rash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rash

Hi everyone!
    I've been doing really good for a long time now. It's been more than a year since my last dilation of the trachea and the only thing bothering me is being really hoarse. But on thursday I discovered a rash just above the back of my knee. It looks like small, red insect bites, and after some reading it seems this is common with WG? I've never had any skin affection before.. I'm going to take some bloodtests tomorrow and call my doctor.

I was soo looking forward to maybe lowering my pred next month and now this happens. Now I'm probably condemned to upping the pred instead. Anyone else got a rash like this? What did you do about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had pretty bad rashes on my hands & scalp prior to a big flame out this summer...of course, I wasn't on pred then, but soon after!! Yikes! No reoccurrences so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Elena - I was actually in Norway for a couple of days this last week!

When flaring I had a rash around my ankles and up my lower leg - it did not usually extend above the knee. As soon as we got the WG under control the rashes stopped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this is not a sign you are flaring Elena. How do you feel overall? What other symptoms are you having? What are your latest blood results? These are the other questions you have to ask to get a good view of the big picture. Hopefully your doc can shed some light on your situation.

By the way Peter, it looks like you enjoyed yourself up north.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had minor occurrences of these rashes, usually on my forearms. They did seem related to lowering of the pred dose, but they did not stick around long. They also seem related to stress of any kind, as WG flares can be in general. If your rash is not severe, I'd wait and see if it goes away on its own before seeing about upping your pred. If it is severe, then I guess I'd get your doc's opinion right away.

An alternate form of rash I've had is more like hives. Not as dark red, more pink, and larger, blotchier, and raised. I figured this was an allergic reaction to a new laundry detergent, and found that hydrocortisone cream cleared it up right away. But I wasn't absolutely sure it wasn't WG related.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except for the rash I am feeling great. Everything is fine, even my voice is doing a little better, I think. My last blood results are almost a month old, but they were pretty normal. Only thing elevated was my crp (I had a cold at the time).
    My rash is not severe, its just a little area with, I think, seven small red "insect bites." I was thinking trying to use some hydrocortisone cream on it, to if it helps, but that was before I realized it might be WG doing it. I'm sure it won't do any harm trying it?

Only thing I have been doing different these past couple of weeks is starting to get some exercise, so I've been running and doing some weight lifting. But you would think that would be a good thing? I mean, I'm not overdoing it, just a 2-3 times a week..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't sound like you are flaring but only you know your body best. I don't think it would hurt to try the cream and the exercise is probably good if you feel you can handle it.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    It doesn't sound like you are flaring but only you know your body best. I don't think it would hurt to try the cream and the exercise is probably good if you feel you can handle it.
    I agree.... I would just keep a close eye on the rash to see if it gets worse or better. If you spend a day or two taking it easy, not doing anything stressful, eating right, and getting enough sleep, it might just go away.... I'm only speaking from personal experience. And just don't push your limits on the exercise, do it as long as it feels good, and then take a nice rest.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, too. Doesn't sound like a flare. A lot of things can cause a similar rash--especially behind the knee. Have a doctor look at it just in case. I'm sure glad to hear you've been doing so well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much guys, I love being able to come here and get your opinions and advice. I will call my regular doc, to schedule an appointment, and I am going to take some new blood tests just to be sure. Then I will try to go easy for a couple of days : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast