Some of you who I correspond with outside of here know what kind of shinanigans I've been up to, but I'll let the rest of you know in case you want to jump on board.

I've decided that trying to fight for research for a disease that hits one in 40,000 is a bit like perpetually slamming your head against a concrete wall. Then I thought that we belong to a much bigger group of silent sufferers with not exactly the same symptoms but a similar process and the same underlying cause. People will respond if they think they're at risk and a disease that hits one in five people and has a genetic predisposition. Everyone knows five people so everyone knows someone with an AI disease. So I'm starting an awareness campaign which will be on the 29th of February. Find the Common Thread to Autoimmune Disease Pajama Day. In our town we will have a PJ run with Tracy Garneau (world utrarunning champion - she just won the Hawaii Hurt 100), we'll have a PJ ski race at the mountain, we'll have a PJ Fashion / Dance show in the evening and we'll have a late night PJ party at the local nightclub. There are numerous businesses who will don their PJ's for the whole day. I just did a guest lecture at the University of Alberta, and will go talk to our local High School students on the 13th. I just did an interview with our local paper and will get at least one more TV interview - possibly two. The Glenrose Hospital in Edmonton will have three units wear their PJ's on the 29th. People are getting on board from across the globe and doing stuff in their communities.

So if you're interested and want to do something - step outside our WG box and get into a bigger family that can better push policy and social attitudes towards looking for a common thread, then all the better. I think a bunch of 'sick' people making something that could possibly change the world for the better is such a rush to just think about let alone when we are successful.

Here's the site if you want more info www.findthecommonthread.com and I have a page on Facebook if you wanna hop on there. It's of course FIND THE COMMON THREAD. I look forward to seeing some of you in your PJ's in some super cool creative event. Don't feel bad if you want to but can't - I get it, I have days where I have absolutely no energy and I feel lucky that they're all not like that when I know that so many of us have those days more often than the good ones. You can just sit back and cheer us on - while you are wearing your PJ's.

I think of you all every time I talk to someone about this, every time I approach a business to get on board, every time I send out an email for support and get no reply back - it's all of you that keep me moving in a forward direction.