Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hemoglobin

Hi everybody
    Haven't been on for a little bit. I need blood transfusions My hemo
    is way to low. haven't been doing to well the last week.
    (I quess like everybody else in the same boat)
    It really helps to be on this site .to stay positive.

Jennt T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must feel fairly weak. Hope everything goes well for you with the transfusions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, Jenny. I've had transfusions, too. Probably a lot of us have! You'll feel so much better right away. Good thing they caught it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get lots of rest and hoping you feel better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of hemoglobin, a friend of mine says his iron and hemoglobin are low and have been for a number of years. He says the doctors he sees don't recommend a blood transfusion. He doesn't have WG. He says his energy level is always way down and he has a lot of muscle and joint pain. This has been going on for a few years. I see no signs of WG, but he and his GP seem to think that he has Fibromyalgia. I would appreciate any insight or comments to this. He also said he was on Phenobarbitol when he was about 2 years old. Dr. Sangye?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey Jenny. Transfusions are handy and should make you feel better. I hope you're back on deck soon. let us know how you go when you're able.

Stay groovy!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil,
    It sounds like your friend's anemia is probably not low enough for transfusions. Transfusions are extremely risky business, so doctors wisely avoid them unless absolutely necessary.

So yeah, I bet he feels lousy all the time. His iron deficiency must be addressed. It's very unusual for a man to get iron-deficiency anemia in the absence of blood loss, so there's something going wrong somewhere. Finding the cause of it is not rocket science and most MDs do a great job of hunting it down. If his isn't, time to move on. Are they at least supplementing iron?

There is a type of anemia associated with chronic disease. No one knows the real cause, just that the body kind of poops out over many years of dealing with a chronic illness. Fibromyalgia wouldn't be considered a chronic disease in this category-- these would be heavy-duty illnesses like Wegs, lupus, etc....

Anyway, it's very bad to have even mild anemia for that long. None of the body's tissues are getting sufficient oxygen, which affects their healing rate and their ability to function normally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He did have a lot of blood loss about a year ago when my ENT took out his tonsils and cut back his soft pallet. I think he lost about 3 to 4 pints. But his energy level was bad before this as well. He does take iron supplements.

So, low hemoglobin is otherwise known as anemia?

Have you ever heard of something called Tulsi Oil? Another friend of mine had a female friend with Fibromyalgia and she took this oil for a few years and it cured her Fibromyalgia. I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should have replenished that blood by now. They've really got to do some searching to figure it out. That just doesn't sound okay to me.

I don't know what tulsi oil is. Fibromyalgia is usually due to a bad diet-- esp sugar. Clean up the diet and correct any accompanying yeast overgrowth, and it goes away pretty quickly, within a few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know his diet is not that great. He eats a lot of pastries, pies, cakes, cookies, etc. He mostly eats out and has a lot of burgers and steaks, mostly meat. He is not a big veggie eater. He drinks a lot of coffee and diet pops as well. I have never seen him drink water or eat just a salad. I have lectured him on his diet before a few times but it seems I might as well talk to the wall.

It is actually called Leemu oil, I'm still not sure on the spelling. My other friend thinks it is harvested from the sea.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast