Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello a another newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello a another newbie

I am new to this blog thing, but went looking for information and support after my Doctor gave me the lovely news it could be WG. They have been throwing around the WG diagnoses for the last 20 years, now in doing research yes I'm convinced this is what I have. I have been dealing with symptoms all my life and not putting it together with WG... For the last couple of years I've been dealing with my left bronc closing off air to my lung along with a couple other systems of WG... My great husband has kept me from going down the pity road with the attitude it could be worse.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have they checked your Anca's for a positive result and MPO and PR3? Anca would usually not always be a marker for vasculitis and WG is one of the disease under.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Donna, welcome to the group! Wow, 20 years? What symptoms have you had all this time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes tested my ANCA always comes back neg... dealing with joint pain, sinus issues, lung issues, had noise bleeds as a kid, get puffy gums which then turn into open sores, blood shot eyes always lately... My doc says sometimes it takes a long time before this thing declares itself. good times..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donna88 View Post
    Yes tested my ANCA always comes back neg... dealing with joint pain, sinus issues, lung issues, had noise bleeds as a kid, get puffy gums which then turn into open sores, blood shot eyes always lately... My doc says sometimes it takes a long time before this thing declares itself. good times..
    Welcome to our group, Donna! And don't worry about the pity thing--we get pretty good about understand that kind of feeling around here, since it really is a nasty disease. Oh, and it really doesn't matter if the medicos declare your situation WG or not: When you hurt, you hurt. You may or may not be officially diagnosed with a specific ailment, but your symptoms overlap heavily with those of many of us. I believe you will find the forum a good home for you!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Donna...lots of people with good info for you on here...be aware of all possibilities, along with your husband be your own best advocate, and be persistent as all get out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you are here, you will get alot of information from us. We all have been through this and we are here to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Donna and Welcome.

I'm glad you found this site but I'm not glad about your possible diagnosis

Take care and ............
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Donna welcome to the forum. Why the pity after all having WG gives you a good reason to join our very exclusive club and who wants to be well and in good health, this disease gives us a far more exciting time? Ok so I really am weird and a masochist.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha this is what I have found.. you have to laugh at this or you'll go out of your mind. I look forward to reading and taking part in this, thanks for the big welcome.
    Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast