Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Negative blood work symptoms still there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maria garcia View Post
    Al yes Christina was Anca positive and MPO and also biopsy confirmed. In her latest blood work the Anca and MPO was negative. But her symptoms are back. I thought the Anca MPO is what caused the vasculitis. Im still confused but seeing some light behind to darkness. We go tomm. to the rheumy an hopefully they will put her MTX higher or keep her on prednisone again but this time longer than 2 months. I think the MTX is working on the Anca and that has been my wish.
    Did they increase her meds Maria?
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her MTX was 15 mgs now its 20 mgs. Prednisone had been tapered off and they put her back on it , this time to 7 1/2. Its been a week i was hoping the pred. would start helping her like last time but nothing yet. Hoping the MTX will work this time now thats up to 20. Her blood work was normal and her anca negative for the first time. The Rheumy agrees w this forum and said that didnt mean anything. She is a trooper and hasnt complained yet She has had her symtoms over a year and finally diagnosed 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maria garcia View Post
    Her MTX was 15 mgs now its 20 mgs. Prednisone had been tapered off and they put her back on it , this time to 7 1/2. Its been a week i was hoping the pred. would start helping her like last time but nothing yet. Hoping the MTX will work this time now thats up to 20. Her blood work was normal and her anca negative for the first time. The Rheumy agrees w this forum and said that didnt mean anything. She is a trooper and hasnt complained yet She has had her symtoms over a year and finally diagnosed 6 months.
    I'm glad that they increased her mtx to 20. That might help, but it will take 3-6 weeks to know. 7.5mg pred is a very low dose if its purpose is to control symptoms. It's probably not going to give the results you hope for - especially if she's been back on for a week now, with not result.

Yes, her negative ANCA results are not really indicative of disease activity. I had negative ANCA in October, but still felt rather crappy, and by Dec. 1 felt even crappier. I wonder now, whether my ANCA is currently positive. I'll see my doc next week, but I'm not sure they'll run the ANCA again.

Hang in there!
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12