Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heel Pain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Heel Pain

I have sever heel pain sometimes - to the point I can barely walk. My tests have been coming back OK since I had RTX last March. Only med's that I am on now are Bactrim, Nexium and vitamins. My Weg's doctor put me on Advil to help with the pain in my heal. 2 Advil in the morning and 2 at night. Haven't had to take it daily but because of not wanting to take so much medicine (which is alot since I got diagnosed 7 years ago) it limits me to be able to exercise (walking). Wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I have sever heel pain sometimes - to the point I can barely walk. My tests have been coming back OK since I had RTX last March. Only med's that I am on now are Bactrim, Nexium and vitamins. My Weg's doctor put me on Advil to help with the pain in my heal. 2 Advil in the morning and 2 at night. Haven't had to take it daily but because of not wanting to take so much medicine (which is alot since I got diagnosed 7 years ago) it limits me to be able to exercise (walking). Wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
    Several forum members have very similar complaints, Meredith. I'm sure they willpop up to tell you their experiences.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meredith, severe joint pain is often the only sign of active Wegs. It's one of my earliest indicators--long before my labs start to tank.

I'm surprised your doc put you on daily Advil. Ibuprofen is a big no-no with Wegs. Besides, it does absolutely nothing to treat the problem. You have to figure out what's causing the pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meredith,
    I had extreme heel pain and thought it was because I was living in a house with tile floors. Then one day when I had to run all day in the unit, and I was holding my foot differently, I broke my foot. About 6 months later I was dix with Wegs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its active Wegeners, that is one of the first symptoms I had when I was 14 years old. I agree with Sangye, teh Advil is very hard on the stomach and kidney.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foot pain was the symptom that ultimately got me diagnosed with WG (sides of the foot). By that time, my windpipe has been severely scarred by the disease (which I then had surgery to correct). Once treated, the pain went away completely, but I permanently damaged my ankle by altering my gait severely (lost flexibility that never came back, making it hard to walk long, long distances).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foot pain was my second symptom before diagnosis of Wegs and got me diagnosed as having plantar fasciitis and several expensive treatments for plantar fasciitis (special braces and inserts, PT, orthopedic shoes) etc.) The pain suddenly went away after my treatment for Wegs. The third symptom was having the pain move up to knees and began roving around elbows, shoulders as well as the feet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to think of it I had some wierd heel pain once and was prescribed an anti-inflamatory cream for it. I am pretty sure I was not flaring at the time and after using the cream for a few days it went away.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had extreme heel pain in my right foot prior to diagnosis.

It started to get better once on the WG treatment and after about 6 weeks was totally gone and I haven't seen him again since.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was one of my worst pains pre diagnosis
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast