Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Jack Said

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Jack Said

I'm starting this thread so we can record quotes from Jack. For those who didn't know him, Jack was a long-time, very beloved member who died in September, 2011. He was funny, articulate, wise, witty, loving, compassionate and a true tough cookie. He suffered greatly and used it to help others avoid a similar fate whenever possible.

I'll start with this cheeky one. "Since no one has yet discovered the cause of Wegener's I find it best to pick a theory that fits the facts of your particular case and believe in that one. "

This next one also made me giggle because it was so Jack. As is typical for our group, we wandered way off topic on a thread. Jack had begun the thread and was quiet the whole time we got sidetracked. Finally I dropped a Putin to bring us back on topic and then Jack chimed in with: "Are we all back again?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack has a very good sense of humour.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye: I like this thread.....a lot !! My personal favourite was an exchange rather than a quote. I asked how he was getting on with his new walking sticks and he replied that he hadn't bothered with them much - too painful, and a hassle. You then chimed in with ' get off your butt Jack' and he just came back with three words ' who woke her up' !!! I laughed then and it still makes me laugh now - dear Jack !!

Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just listen to the good advice will ya? I had a plan, I just didn't follow it! . " Jack
    I don't like the name GPA, it sounds too much like one of the types of plastic I used to work with. I think I'll start a Save the Wegener's campaign!
    It can make life difficult when you have someone out there impersonating you
    I suppose he just envies my talent and good fortune.
    My first thought was, "What did I drink to give me a headache like this?" So that proves that we are all just suffering from hangover complications!

that is all
    Last edited by delorisdoe; 01-18-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Sangye: I like this thread.....a lot !! My personal favourite was an exchange rather than a quote. I asked how he was getting on with his new walking sticks and he replied that he hadn't bothered with them much - too painful, and a hassle. You then chimed in with ' get off your butt Jack' and he just came back with three words ' who woke her up' !!! I laughed then and it still makes me laugh now - dear Jack !!

Fran
    ROTFL Thank you for that, Fran! I forgot it and was double over laughing this morning as I read it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once on a thread there were many people posting that they'd been having various difficulties due to Wegs. Everyone was kind of down. Jack piped in with, "This disease is rather crap, isn't it?"

It got me laughing. I still think of it when I'm having a hard time and it still makes me laugh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once in a thread he told us all that none of us were freinds nor could we ever be over the net. Do you think he now sees how wrong he is. We surely would have forgotten him by now if he were just some random Brit on the net.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    Once in a thread he told us all that none of us were freinds nor could we ever be over the net. Do you think he now sees how wrong he is. We surely would have forgotten him by now if he were just some random Brit on the net.
    Depends on the definition of "friends". I've never met any of you on the forum, yet I feel like I know you all--at least a little. In any case, we are all part of a community. As for Jack, I never can have the opportunity to meet him. But his contributions are a strong connection, I feel. Likewise, I will never meet...most of the people who have ever lived, but I do sense a strong connection to many of them through what the have left for us. Is this friendship? Of a sort. Would it be more of a friendship in person? Who knows? (Maybe not in all cases!) But in any event, people's influence does not die with the end of life.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Jack, cant believe it was September - seems so much more recent than that. I remember sobbing at my computer at work and texting my best friend and my boyfriend when i read he died- although i'd never met Jack he had given me so much good advice at the start of my journey, Sadly i dont have any of the emails to share them with you. But he definitely had a massive impact on my first few months and helped me take the right steps. Thank you Jack. x

I would consider many of you my friends, we're in the cyber generation now and meeting people over the net is the new meeting people in person. Can you imagine without the internet most of us would never have met another Weggie?
    The only Weggie i have met in person from this forum is Geoff and i considered him a friend long before we met in person, tho what Geoff considered me is a different story!

I think the main think i will take from knowing Jack was his sense of humour, and that is something many of us share. Jack always put the fun into the forum when it was needed and tried to be as helpful and informative as he could be. I hope i never forget that.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not knowing Jack, I sense so many of you are where you are today because of him. So in a way, I guess I'm getting to know him. Sharing his words is an awesome tribute to a well-respected and loved man! Thank you!

KB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast