Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gerson's Therapy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    ....And for the record I probably do need a proof reader. Yall should read the messages I send Jack. LOL. They are me and my free mind spewing out.
    Nothing wrong with your mind, Leigh (though, I admit that, as a fellow Weggie, I may see minds in a prejudicial way...!). It is true that we could all use an editor from time to time (which is, in fact, why my daughter, who has promised to take care of me when I am older and grayer, has a well-enough-paying gig that she will be able to live up to that promise!). But I, for one, am most grateful that you all are pretty forgiving of my slips. As we have observed many times, accurate and heartfelt communication is difficult with this medium. But I find it touching that we do as well as we do.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack often reminded us of how his Wegs flared and cost him his kidneys in very short period of time. That is part of why we need to stay vigilant and learn what requires immediate medical care and what is best handled by more watching and monitoring to see where it seems headed. Your history will eventually help you build a good base of reference plus the feedback you can get here from peers.

A neuropsychologist told me after recent evaluation that most of my typos and a bothersome cognitive symptoms like trouble with words are probably related to taking prednisone. He said in many areas I actually scored much better in my recent cognitive functioning than I did before my Wegs treatment of intubation, and heavy med regime which he found rather amazing and very unexpected. It still bothers me and often upsets me that it takes me twice or three times as long to type a post like this than it did a few decades ago. And I still find many errors in my posts even after numerous attempts at proof reading. Darn pred meds!@#$%^&

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pred can definitely mess with cognitive function, even at low doses. Other contributors we might have: fatigue, lack of sleep, depression (often caused by pred), nutrient imbalances, hormone imbalances (caused by pred), general inflammation, blood sugar imbalances.

There are probably a few more but I can't think of them. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine a comercial for prednisone...may cause...lol. The list would be endless.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Must be the pred!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Pred can definitely mess with cognitive function, even at low doses. Other contributors we might have: fatigue, lack of sleep, depression (often caused by pred), nutrient imbalances, hormone imbalances (caused by pred), general inflammation, blood sugar imbalances.

I got all of the above so far so probably don't need many more reasons for brain bubbles that seem to happen. Apparently my cognitive function got better I guess in past year and this may be as good as it gets but I still feel like a malfunctioning computer a lot of the time. Do others often feel such frustration too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I still feel like a malfunctioning computer a lot of the time. Do others often feel such frustration too?
    Bad metaphor, but exactly how I have felt over the last few months...kind of like something has been deleted and I keep trying to reinstall it. Terribly frustrating some days...could be age, could be the current drugs, could be disease, could be THE surgery & the drugs there...who knows...just feel like something is gone or not functioning properly...could be stooooooopid too!! LOL...best of luck on that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I got all of the above so far so probably don't need many more reasons for brain bubbles that seem to happen. Apparently my cognitive function got better I guess in past year and this may be as good as it gets but I still feel like a malfunctioning computer a lot of the time. Do others often feel such frustration too?
    Yeah, pred is a lousy drug. Too bad we have to take it. When I was on the high-dose stuff, I felt like my mind was racing--I could think brilliant thoughts, but they were gone in a flash. It's sort of like all those Archimedean moments in the shower that swirl out of conscious grasp down the drain. Dreams were different: I had extremely vivid long-form dreams that carried the narrative (such as it was) for long periods, and, in many cases, over as many as four sequential dreams. Many of these were, and are, quite memorable. These days, on much lower doses, the dreams remain vivid, though with more perplexing narrative structures. In waking moments, it feels that I can occasionally come up with something useful, but it does bother me that I can suddenly lose my train of thought, or blank out on a word I had in mind. Also, it now takes me longer for whatever brain power I have left to kick in. Mornings were never my strong suit, but now, it is normal to be low IQ until mid-afternoon--when it is time for my nap....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had so many memory issues since I've been on the pred. It is my biggest complaint. I have also had terrible leg cramps at night, and finally had to start taking muscle relaxers so I can sleep at night.
    Took my last CTX yesterday and went full strength on MTX today.

GL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyl View Post
    I have had so many memory issues since I've been on the pred. It is my biggest complaint. I have also had terrible leg cramps at night, and finally had to start taking muscle relaxers so I can sleep at night.
    Took my last CTX yesterday and went full strength on MTX today.

GL
    I have been having increased neuropathy symptoms lately. Woke up from a nap feeling big toe was on fire. Then I got cramps in calves and couldn't walk for a few minutes. Don't know if they are related. I have also had periods of extreme itching where I have scratched legs while sleeping till they bleed. Oh the joys of dealing with GPA and related symptoms.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast