Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gerson's Therapy

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy to report I can subtract my infectious disease doc from my current list of physicians! Now 3 months after fungal pneumonia was diagnosed, I'm released from the meds! My lung scan showed plenty of scarring, but the improvement from my first scan to now is incredible! Woohoo!! Dentist is later this month!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, Kathy! That's a huge step forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    I am happy to report I can subtract my infectious disease doc from my current list of physicians! Now 3 months after fungal pneumonia was diagnosed, I'm released from the meds! My lung scan showed plenty of scarring, but the improvement from my first scan to now is incredible! Woohoo!! Dentist is later this month!
    Nifty, Kathy! No more trifling with Dr. Truffle, eh?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news Kathy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone read Eat to Live? if so what did you think? I just finished it, the author reckons his health plan can turn autoimmune diseases around like Lupus. There's a bit here about what he has to say about autoimmune diseases: Other Diseases | Allergies, Asthma, Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, Myositis, Psoriasis, Autoimmune and Lupus | DrFuhrman.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another good book is "The Detox Miracle Sourcebook" by Robert Morse N.D. if for no other reason than getting to know your body and how it works. I have been juicing and consuming a lot of organic fruits and vegetables.
    I went into remission 4 months after being diagnosed and I am doing good. I never went off of meds so don't take this as anything more than what it is. I am in good health and I have started to regain some of my energy back. I'm ready to start running with my son to get him in shape as well as myself and start doing 5K's again.
    I took the CTX and Pred for 5 months and I have transitioned to MTX and hopefully will be able to drop the Pred soon. I also dropped the Metaprolol that they had me on for a few months. I am in control of my care and I only take what I need as far as meds. I have started juicing a lot and I believe that it is a factor in my overall health and I would recommend it to anyone for the purpose of getting your health back. I don't at this point trust that it will enable me to drop the meds and I continue to follow my Doctors instructions. But it has made a difference in my body's ability to deal with this disease and the medications.

GL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyl View Post
    Another good book is "The Detox Miracle Sourcebook" by Robert Morse N.D. if for no other reason than getting to know your body and how it works. I have been juicing and consuming a lot of organic fruits and vegetables.
    I went into remission 4 months after being diagnosed and I am doing good. I never went off of meds so don't take this as anything more than what it is. I am in good health and I have started to regain some of my energy back. I'm ready to start running with my son to get him in shape as well as myself and start doing 5K's again.
    I took the CTX and Pred for 5 months and I have transitioned to MTX and hopefully will be able to drop the Pred soon. I also dropped the Metaprolol that they had me on for a few months. I am in control of my care and I only take what I need as far as meds. I have started juicing a lot and I believe that it is a factor in my overall health and I would recommend it to anyone for the purpose of getting your health back. I don't at this point trust that it will enable me to drop the meds and I continue to follow my Doctors instructions. But it has made a difference in my body's ability to deal with this disease and the medications.

GL
    I ordered that book from my local library after you or someone else mentioned it before, still waiting! I was in medicated remission after 3 weeks of starting treatment. Staying well now the medication has stopped seems to be the hard thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Anyone read Eat to Live? if so what did you think? I just finished it, the author reckons his health plan can turn autoimmune diseases around like Lupus. There's a bit here about what he has to say about autoimmune diseases: Other Diseases | Allergies, Asthma, Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, Myositis, Psoriasis, Autoimmune and Lupus | DrFuhrman.com
    I read it. I think there is much to what Dr. Furhman says, and I think that all doctors could benefit for knowing nore about nutrition. Many, at least in my experience, are woefully unprepared to have a good discussion on the subject. And the fact is that many people eat horribly, though most do not get autoimmune diseases. Nevertheless, I strongly advise against seeing this as an alternative treatment. I would want to see real research on any given dietary recommendation (not just testimonials) before I would think otherwise.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of what Dr Fuhrman says is fine. I don't agree with every single thing, but that's okay. Not having read his book I can't say if he gives credit where credit is due, or if he portrays himself as having invented these recommendations. Chiropractors and naturopaths have been saying these exact same things for over 100 years.

I absolutely agree that fibromyalgia can be completely eliminated. (I don't like to say "cured" because it's not a disease. It's an imbalance) Many of the AI diseases can be halted or reversed, especially if caught early on. Wegs cannot, but cleaning up the diet and adding fresh vegetable juice is always a good idea.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567