User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lip haematoma (or hematoma, depending on your inclination!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lip haematoma (or hematoma, depending on your inclination!)

I was just wondering whether a particular symptom might be one of the zillions of maybe-wg things out there. I've not had this historically, but over the last couple of years I do tend to get haematomas on my lower lip very easily. It's usually a very light bump, or one may even appear without my knowing it's happened, and will start with a little blood collection and within a few minutes be a purple stain covering perhaps a square centimetre or more. They stay for a few days, are not really very pleasant to see in the mirror but are totally painless and never develop into a sore or anything nasty.

Anybody?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I was just wondering whether a particular symptom might be one of the zillions of maybe-wg things out there. I've not had this historically, but over the last couple of years I do tend to get haematomas on my lower lip very easily. It's usually a very light bump, or one may even appear without my knowing it's happened, and will start with a little blood collection and within a few minutes be a purple stain covering perhaps a square centimetre or more. They stay for a few days, are not really very pleasant to see in the mirror but are totally painless and never develop into a sore or anything nasty.
    Possibly this is a wegsy symptom--after all, granulomas are a sort of hematoma. But I suspect the most likely explanation is that it is a side effect of pred.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this happen on the inside of my lip. Mine was present before the meds statred and have gone away unless I am very stressed. I am assuming it is weg related the doctor said it was a mouth blister but he only seen it when it was just a clear bubble but it turns into a blood bubble and then goes away a few days later never becomes a open sore.