Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Test Results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Natalie, do not have a heart attack, yes it is me, so that is what you have been up to! It is amazing what our bodies hang on to hey. Have you heard from a man called 'steve' on here? He is in brisbane. He sent me pvt msg, but i am unable to reply? just wondering.

I am so happy to hear your pred is coming down, my dr got me off it v slowly (yes sangye i did it v. slowly) although my anca's are heading nth, and i see a new Dr in Feb.

Talk to you
    sharon xxx
    sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Neither hopes nor fears are necessary, and both cause only suffering in the long haul since neither is centered in the present moment.
    Not so sure, Sangye. So much of being human is to have a narrative that includes a future, so a hopeful stance that includes at least somewhat specific hopes, rather than just a free-floating positive outlook, seems natural. Perhaps, of course, this is just me talking. Yet I see the "suffering in the long haul" a problem only when the failure of any specific hope is cause for grief. But, I think, normal people can balance a lot of possible futures, knowing that only one path out of the infinite will actually happen; the narrative is constantly re-written with a cloud of new hopes. But maybe this is just another way of agreeing with you.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    Half of the time I have no idea what we are speaking about in these threads...I guess i just dont have time to read the longer answers as I am only here now while at work-ha ha ha-and have no time. I think I miss a lot. not that it matters to anyone.
    Actually, Leigh, it matters to me. I know this is my selfish side talking here, but...may I be direct?

What is confusing or annoying to you in longer answers is precisely what is therapeutic for me. Cheer leading, nagging, and the day-to-day chit-chat among fellow sufferers is important, even though I am not particularly adroit in their use. But, frankly, if that is all the forum was about, I would have dropped out long ago. We are all, different, and have different skills and approaches. I have no problem with short posts, which are both good and necessary. I do not ask that you or anyone else (including myself) produce an essay for every post. Yet, my whole being exults in working through levels of thought, exploring details, filling in gaps, and the whole ninety yards. It is, in fact, what allows me to continue working as much as I do, rather than spiraling into the oblivion of uselessness. And, I have to believe, there are at least a few others on the forum who feel likewise.

There--I've said it. You don't have to like it, or even read it. But it makes me feel better to get it out.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    There--I've said it. You don't have to like it, or even read it. But it makes me feel better to get it out. Al
    Al...is that a windmill out there? Let's go get it...chase it, bat at it, sling epithets of only the worst kind at it, then admire it from afar...spinning slowly, mesmerizing, tantalizing...CHAAARRRRRGE!

Don't worry peeps, Al knows what I'm talking about...thtththththaaat's alllll folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Al...is that a windmill out there? Let's go get it...chase it, bat at it, sling epithets of only the worst kind at it, then admire it from afar...spinning slowly, mesmerizing, tantalizing...CHAAARRRRRGE!

Don't worry peeps, Al knows what I'm talking about...thtththththaaat's alllll folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Har! Kiww the wabbit in the wndmiww, Don. What a woony toon!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Harsh, perhaps too much so for those of us who need/use/employ any hope/fear to get us going in the next minute...I agree with Al to some extent...it/this is a human condition, it needs to be treated humanely...not just scientifically.

D
    That isn't at all what I meant. The hope I'm talking about is a clinging, like "I hope I get ___, or I hope that person does __." It never ends. We constantly live in that type of thinking. Literally every thought we have is one of hopes or fears. It's not the type of hope that sustains us in difficult times, but a needy, clingy hope that can never be satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That isn't at all what I meant.
    Thank you S, got it now, was hoping that might be your response...I am shallow at times, but I get it! Hehe! Keep it up lady...you ARE good. I think I married the needy clingy type the first marriage but she wasn't Hope...lol...so, indeed, your explanation was needed by me! LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That isn't at all what I meant. The hope I'm talking about is a clinging, like "I hope I get ___, or I hope that person does __." It never ends. We constantly live in that type of thinking. Literally every thought we have is one of hopes or fears. It's not the type of hope that sustains us in difficult times, but a needy, clingy hope that can never be satisfied.
    So, once again, we really do agree, Sangye! Yeah, we have different modes of expression, but most every time I think I don't dig what you say, turns out I really do....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I know what you mean Sangye. You are talking more of a worldly type hope that does not produece good fruits.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Natalie, do not have a heart attack, yes it is me, so that is what you have been up to! It is amazing what our bodies hang on to hey. Have you heard from a man called 'steve' on here? He is in brisbane. He sent me pvt msg, but i am unable to reply? just wondering.

I am so happy to hear your pred is coming down, my dr got me off it v slowly (yes sangye i did it v. slowly) although my anca's are heading nth, and i see a new Dr in Feb.

Talk to you
    sharon xxx
    This post blew my mind Sharon in more ways than one .. So good to hear from you and yes I have been speaking with Steve Nice fellow and Yes close to Us !. another weggie in QLD WOW hey !!.
    Im happy about the pred reduce too.. Its been a long while on the same dose unable to go down .. And I cant believe your Off the pred ! that's such good news with everything you have been threw in the last few years !!! .. amazing stuff On Ya !
    Now Back to this mind blowing post Sharon ..
    when I was In NZ And went to see This doc Dale Speedy , after the 1st visit 2 days after I had a massive chest pain !. when I went back the following week , I told him and he sore It as a good thing as Something shifting inside me .. then talked a lot about the heart and chest ,, Another Thing was I asked him what he thought of the number 11 , because When I was really sick a few years back that was all I would see day or night .. 11:11 everywhere and it really started to scare me because I was worried about my health at the time, I was facing a Big hurdle I hadn't faced before , It was a sign but good or bad I didn't know .. I really thought it was bad . I got to a point I was screaming and crying at the clock yelling what do you mean ! ..( I know but nutty But thats what came out I did ring a friend who is right into meditation and stuff and asked her after my episode with the clock she said that 11 is the number of the angels , they are looking out for you and to stay positive .. wow!! that made me feel so much better ..My Nana had not long passed away so I'm sure it was her looking out for me . ..I asked Dale what was his thoughts on 11 .. his were that 11 means the pathway to heaven.. 11.. or the gateway in life .. = .. interesting . The time that you posted this message Sharon was 11:11am :P and the 1st line was dont have a heart attack lol .! WOW :P what you reckon about that ..! NAt
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast