Thread: New Year's Resolutions/And Or Wishes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Year's Resolutions/And Or Wishes

Hi!

I thought I would start a thread about new year's resolutions/wishes we would like for ourselves, families and friends. My wish is that my fellow weggies have a healthy new year and a happy one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To live life to the fullest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never done well with resolutions, but I do have one this year. I need to give up wheat. I've been trying for years after a blood test was positive for Celiac. I can't help but think its all related.

I'm praying that everyone will have a year full of health, strenth, hope and lots and lots of energy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all of us, a very Happy & Healthier New Year!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy-S View Post
    I've never done well with resolutions, but I do have one this year. I need to give up wheat. I've been trying for years after a blood test was positive for Celiac. I can't help but think its all related.

I'm praying that everyone will have a year full of health, strenth, hope and lots and lots of energy!
    Oh whoa, if you have Celiac's you have got to get off all gluten grains. That could very well be the cause of Wegs for you and will keep you from getting well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 resolutions this year. I'm not telling anyone what they are. So I guess that means I have three!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Oh whoa, if you have Celiac's you have got to get off all gluten grains. That could very well be the cause of Wegs for you and will keep you from getting well.
    Dunno about "cause", Nancy, but trying to digest gluten without the ability to do so will definitely stress the immune system harshly, and, I suspect, drag in all kinds of pro-inflammatory cytokines. That can't be good for the Wegs. Celiac's is an autoimmune disease of the intestinal lining with a strong genetic component. While the tolerance to gluten (the main protein of many grains) does vary, the best results include avoiding wheat, barley, and rye--and to be suspicious of oats, since much of the time that grain is processed in the same machinery as the others. I think your best strategy is to go gluten-free immediately!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for resolutions, I'm not sure I can actually keep them, but you all know, from a different thread, what I would like to do, and fully intend doing, with a little help from my friends (this means you!). This does, however, require a certain level of health on all our parts, so...let's deal with that!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only resolution I know I succeeded in keeping was made years ago when I resolved to stop to making New Years resolutions. I did set a goal last year and did succeed in meeting that as noted in another thread. My goals for this year are to try eat better and to exercise several times a week even if they are just for a few minutes. I also have some projects to complete which might fit under goals but they are task limited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not normally do resolutions, but this year I hope to eat more healthy food (ie less processed junk), to exercise a little more and hopefully loose some weight. As for the wish side of this thread, I hope we all have an excellent 2012 health and wealrh wise.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast