User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope for the new year.

Santo, Texas (60 miles west of Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hope for the new year.

I've been quiet for awhile. Feeling sort of OK most days, but not really 100%. I've had another blood clot--this time in the left thigh, but it wasn't as bad as the one I had last March in my right calf. I recently went to the Cleveland Clinic for my checkup. My blood looked good, my anemia was slightly better, and my CT scan of the lungs was clear. That means I can continue to reduce the steroids and keep taking Cellcept. I'm back on Coumadin due to the recent blood clot. The only negative right now other than the clot is the shortness of breath. I'm going to get a heart scan to see if there is a blockage somewhere. I'm hoping its just the steroids and the weight gain (40lbs in the last year) causing me the SOB problems. We took a short trip to NYC recently, and I was paranoid the whole time, but felt pretty good except for getting tired from walking. Stairs knock me out of breath quickly.

I'm hoping 2012 is my year to get off the drugs and free wheel for a while. I'd love to get back in my old jeans, too.

I hope all my WG friends have a great New Year.

Mike
    J. Mike Milliorn, Santo Texas
    Diagnosed Jan. 2011
    at the Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see you, Mike. I'm sorry to hear about the repeat clot. I imagine they'll keep you on coumadin after that.

Best of luck to you in the New Year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see you back Mike.

I also share your hope for 2012, not only for you and me but for all of us on here. Wouldn't that be something?

I hope all is clear with the heart scan and I wish you a fantastic, healthy New Year.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing this, Mike. I, too, have strong heartfelt wishes for everyone's health and prosperity for the coming year, and I cannot help but think that it will be fine, indeed. And yet, I realize that how it all plays out is not entirely in our hands....

I’ve now stocked up on black-eyed peas. No collard greens at my local store--too late, or not enough customers, I guess--but they did have some nice looking butternut squash, That, and some spinach salad, and a risotto will have to suffice for a New Year’s meal.

Tomorrow night is a time for working, But tonight, Eileen and I were both home--what a lovely surprise! Some leftovers with a glass of wine, and a sort of date movie--it couldn’t be a better way to get in the mood for the change of numbers. I found the movie at the market, on sale for $3.99, so a cheap date, at that: A kind of bittersweet gallows comedy appropriate, I thought, for a weggie, The Bucket List, intelligently directed by Rob Reiner, and starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The film is really an odd couple's road trip story (I could imagine a version with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau). The scenes were terrific, and the acting wonderful; even Nicholson’s over-the-top style had a perfect twist of restraint that, in the end, took my breath away. And Morgan Freeman is, well, Morgan Freeman. Of interest to weggies, the hospital scenes were quite realistic, and the very smart script made me laugh a lot, until I cried.

But, then, it’s all a road trip, isn’t it.? And a bucket list. Now, I do not have the budget of a Hollywood film, so my personal bucket list will not include skydiving, a personal tour of the Taj Mahal, or wrecking half a million dollar race cars, But the road trip--to last for, I hope, years and decades, though Destiny has its own inscrutable plans--will have a few physical destinations, in addition to one that defines a different kind of arc through eternity. In the end, I realize that the journey that is infinitely more important that the arrival, for the trek will continue far past my mortal existence. We all dream, of course, and, as long as we have them, we are human and worth much. But bucket list dreams take on an extra intensity. I wish for the ability to affect public policy regarding awareness , research, and treatment of autoimmune diseases. To be on that path, with as many of my friends and traveling companions as are willing, would be my great hope for the new year.

My love to you all, and best wishes for your own journeys--

Al
    Last edited by Al; 12-31-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy New Year to all...like Al, I am here for the long haul whatever it may bring to me/us...you're all great people, it's so nice to get on here at night and read and 'listen' and participate with you all...cuz this is hard even with the people you love around you...we all need understanding...care...love...may 2012 be the best so far!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello All you beautiful people all the best for the New year xoxo
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just over 3 hours to go Natalie and we can bring in the New Year 2012.
    Have a great night and I pray for health, happiness and good fortune to all.

Happy New Year
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all:

It always, astounds me when I do get a chance to check in with this great group, the things I receive from all of you. Al, the Bucket List was an absolute wonderful movie. It's all about the song "I Hope You Dance"(Lee Ann Womack). I wish all of you good health and love for the New Year!
    Jana

rif Guest

Wishing everyone on this great site a Happy New Year and hoping that 2012 brings health and happiness to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well just over 7 hours to go for me, but I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that 2012 is a far better year than this one.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast