Thread: Hello again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello again

Hi there,

I haven't been here for ages, so hello again. I've been diagnosed since 1977 when I was 9, and have had some really good times and some quite tough times.

Last couple of years have been particularly tough. I had a renal transplant in 2000 but got a very resistant ESBL infection in one of my native kidneys. Last two years I've spent a lot of time in hospital and had three nephrectomies including my lovely transplant so now dialysing again. Also had PCP last year which was very unpleasant. Chest symptoms for most of this year after transplant immunosupporession was withdrawn and I just had a bit of pred, which I've now been on for - eek! - 34 years.

Just yesterday got formal diagnosis from doc and started back on 40mg pred and MMF. Here goes!

So I came back here to say hi because I'm a feeling a bit rubbish about stuff. So hello!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be a strong person. I'm sure you can teach me a thing or two. So inspiring to read your story. You were diagnosed sooo young.

I'm super new here. I'm sure you know better than me what a great group this is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Nice to meet you. I've only been on here since April, around the time of my dx, and only been posting for about a month. You have really been through a lot from an early age. When you were 9 years old, they must not have known nearly as much as they do now about Wegener's and how to treat it. Best of luck to you; it sounds like you have a lot of innate strength to have dealt with this the way you have for so long.

Anne in Olympia, Washington, USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Twice,

I'm glad you came back to say HI but I so wish it was only to say HI and not that you have had all of these problems again.
    34 years on pred, that just has to suck.

Welcome back and we look forward to learning more from you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I haven't been here for ages, so hello again. I've been diagnosed since 1977 when I was 9, and have had some really good times and some quite tough times.....I'm a feeling a bit rubbish about stuff. So hello!
    With all you've been through, I find it rather surprising that you only feel "rubbish about stuff"! I'd say that if anyone deserves to rage, rage, it it you. It really isn't fair, you know. And to be on pred for that long blows my mind (which is, arguably, pretty blown in any case after less than two years).

I have read a good deal of your diary. You write well and have a lot to say. I hope you can share some of that with us. That would be inspiring.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    34 years on pred, that just has to suck.
    Puts my one year to shame! And feel guilty for always moaning about being on it! Hi Twice. Nice to meet ya and look forward to hearing more about your wegs journey.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, in your diary you mention that you are ANCA negative. While this is rare with WG, it is not unheard of. Somewhere between 5 and 20 percent of WG sufferers are negative or low-titer ANCA. This does not alter the fact that it is a truly nasty bit of business.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Twice I think you are amazing, if I had gone through all you have, I would be feeling a bit more than "rubbish about stuff". In fact I think I might well have gone for a nice long walk off some of the nice tall cliffs along the south coast.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Hi Twice I think you are amazing, if I had gone through all you have, I would be feeling a bit more than "rubbish about stuff". In fact I think I might well have gone for a nice long walk off some of the nice tall cliffs along the south coast.
    Not that Jim is actually recommending that! Actually, though, those nice tall and beautiful cliffs might be a great place for a gentle walk, perhaps to compose new material for your diary....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twice! I remember you! I've often wondered what happened to you and how you're doing. I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through such difficult times. Glad you're back on so we can keep you cheered up. And look, now we have SMILEYS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast