Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Experience With Imuran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tobey,
    I was on 150mgs of Imuran for 2months after 7 mos. of MTX, and the side effects were very min., I had some stomach issues. However, it did not hold me from another flare. I have my Weg's primarily in my lungs and maybe it wasn't strong enough. I then went to CTX for 6mos. and now I'm on Cellcept for the last month, with another flare. I think many people here have had great success with Imuran. I wish you great results and min side effects with it.
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heya!

200mg/day here. No issues at all, except for not being able to have a few more beers than I would like...but that's not good for me anyway. In all seriousness, compared to CTX, this is a walk in the park. You'll probably increase your dosage as your body gets acclimated, and your doctor sees how your body tolerates it and controls the disease. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went from 100mg CTX to 150mg Aza in September 2011. So far no problems, my next blood test, incl. liver test, is due in January. Will see how that turns out.
    Rudi K

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on 50 mg a day for over 2 years now and it has worked very well for me with no side effects(that I know of) I also have been on 5mg of prednisone daily as well; I was diagnosed back in 2001 and have been on methotrexate(oral and IM) cytoxan, cellcept and one or two others I forget; This has kept my symptoms at bay and it has been almost a year since I last had to have tracheal dilitation(this is the way my disease has been manifesting since 2006). I have had 6 surgeries for dilitation since then but only 2 in the past 3.5 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12