Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MDs are way behind the curve on advising patients about toxins--even well-documented ones like in plastic. I have no idea why. Maybe there's no more room in their heads with all the names pills rolling around in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    MDs are way behind the curve on advising patients about toxins--even well-documented ones like in plastic. I have no idea why. Maybe there's no more room in their heads with all the names pills rolling around in there.
    I agree, but I also remember that there is a lot going on in their minds and hearts too, no different than you or me. So, in light of that, I give them room, but stay right on them...I really try to have 'ordinary' conversations with them in their offices/grounds! It helps 'melt' that distance between patient and doc...they probably think I'm crazy...soooo, what's their point!!! LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I agree, Sangye, but note that much about plastics and other possible toxins is not well-documented, and this is largely by design: It costs a lot of money to vet a new material for safety. So only a small fraction of industrial products go through any rigorous analysis for human toxicity. Can you imagine the political uproar if these analyses became mandatory? And yet potential toxins are so ubiquitous that, in my way of looking at things, it becomes necessary to suspect all of them as possible insults to immune systems. I know that the pharmaceutical therapy paradigm provides more "bang for the buck" than prevention, but that is only in the short run, and makes investors in Big Pharma and other certain other industries filthy rich, but on the backs of sufferers of many kinds of diseases. Doctors also suffer from the bang for the buck problem. Seeing patients for only a few minutes, there just is not enough time to go into any depth with anything other than to ease the present symptoms. So pills win out by a wide margin over any other therapeutic technique, including avoidance of likely toxic suspects.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean Al. I feel so fortunate to have my doc. Most of my visits with him are at least 30 minutes and I see him almost every week.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    I agree, but I also remember that there is a lot going on in their minds and hearts too, no different than you or me.
    Sorry, no excuse. I'm a physician and have the same amount going on in my mind when I treat patients, as do all holistic physicians.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123